1,234 results
All reviews gold floor velvet glove urban escape president's club top floor exchange district steam room central location human rights business trip downtown area front desk staff hot tub mts centre lounge teddy vg
Reviewed 6 August 2015

Pros:
- quick check-in and check-out (love the mobile check-out option)
- friendly and courteous front desk
- comfy king size beds with tons of pillows

Cons:
- no signs to indicate self-parking is in the Richardson shopping centre
- accidentally billed by Fairmont even though reservation was booked/billed through Expedia. However, accounting was prompt with responding and correcting the error.
- not enough time spent in the hotel due to tight itinerary to drive across the country

Date of stay: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Drew F, General Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found it an enjoyable experience.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I had the pleasure of staying here a few months ago when I was on a road trip across Canada. I arrived later in the evening after a long drive and was greeted by the warm and genuine smile of a lovely young man named Douglas Mead. His warm smile and very professional demeanour was was just what I needed after a day filled with cold interactions with gas station attendants and cafe workers,etc. He asked me about my day and if there was anything I needed before heading off to bed. All in all, my stay was a great one but definitely made by Douglas. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Winnipeg area! It's very close to many amenities and sightseeing!

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

I was so pleased to read your review and hear that our Fairmont Gold floor had provided a relaxing retreat from your road trip across Canada. It was a pleasure reading your comments about Douglas Mead, one of our Fairmont Gold supervisors. I will certainly share your comments with him and our Service Plus Committee, whose mandate is to celebrate the positive efforts of all of our colleagues.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2015

We stayed in a nice King Corner Room. This is the best hotel in downtown Winnipeg as there are only a handful to choose from. We upgraded from a basic room as I wanted a more modern room as the basic rooms were still not fully renovated.

Location is great, walking distance to many tourist attractions. Since we came in the dead of winter, we didn't exactly walk around much being that it was -26 when we arrived. However, the view offered to us was great. The city is small, but quaint.

Would return to this hotel if I came back to Winnipeg.

Room tip: Wifi is free if you are a Fairmont member.
Date of stay: November 2014
1  Thank dreamyexoticflame

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairmont Winnipeg and for taking the time to complete this Tripadvisor review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us, and I appreciate your additional comments in regards to our great location. I look forward to welcoming you back when the weather is hopefully a bit warmer!

Reviewed 4 August 2015

If you are expecting the full Fairmont experience, you will be disappointed. This is a Fairmont property, but it is Fairmont Lite.

The service is the usually high level that you would expected from a Fairmont but the property is getting a light worn and it doesn't quite feel like a Fairmont hotel.

The balance is that they don't price it like a Fairmont. We got a suite for $200 per night and for that reason I have given it four stars. It isn't quite a true Fairmont, but they don't price it like one.

It is located close to the Forks and the valet service is very quick.

You should pick it for the service, but should make sure you don't pay too much or your will be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KentYEG
Drew F, General Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with our hotel. Guest feedback is extremely important to us as we constantly review our practices to ensure that we offer consistent, superior service to all our guests. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and found the service to be of a high level. I do hope you will continue to stay with Fairmont when your travels bring you back to Winnipeg.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

The hotel messed up my check in date. It was a good thing that on the day of my wedding I called in the morning to confirm my reservation. Then in the morning, we ordered room service (breakfast), and after an hour with no knock at the door for our order, I called down to the front desk only to find out that they delivered our breakfast to the wrong room. So we had to wait an additional 30-40 mins for our breakfast. Then on check out, I got them to email me our bill only to find out the check out staff charged us for our complimentary breakfast. As this stay was for our wedding night, it was a very disappointing stay.

Date of stay: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank cdub111
Drew F, General Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Needless to say I was extremely disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory stay with us on the occasion of your wedding. Please accept my sincere apologies for the various inconveniences you encountered during your visit and know that they will be addressed with our team. I certainly appreciate your frustration and regret that it affected your ability to relax and enjoy your time together. I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and hopefully provide resolution for the issues you encountered. Please contact our Executive Assistant Sarah Kenyon at Sarah.Kenyon@fairmont.com.