“A very nice surprise”

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A very nice surprise”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel was a very clean and quiet! The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable with updated decor. The best thing was this hotel was a great price as well! The best hotel so far that I've stayed in Winnipeg!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Leeds
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was my second visit to Winnipeg and, at first, I was disappointed not to find a room at the Norwood downtown, where I'd stayed before. The Quality Inn turned out, though, to be a good alternative - but different from the Norwood in significant ways. First, though, the basics: the Quality Inn is clean, convenient, easy to reach on Pembina Highway, with heating/air-conditioning that worked and was easy to adjust, and free wireless internet in the room that, again, worked without a hitch. There was a small room refrigerator you might miss; it's disguised as part of the desk. Bathroom and bed were just fine; lobby area stylish; price reasonable; restaurant in the hotel (though I didn't try it); in short, everything went well (though again I can't comment on the breakfast as I like to eat at Tim's and there's one close nearby). If I was just in town for the night I'd certainly stay again at the Quality Inn, which is first rate of its kind, but if I wanted to explore downtown Winnipeg, and if I preferred an independent hotel that seemed just a little bit more distinctive than its chain-branded competitors, I'd go back to the Norwood. However, as this is a review of the Quality Inn I must conclude by saying that I was entirely satisfied with the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have stayed there about a dozen times and found no better price & service in Winnipeg. A free hot breakfast buffet is part of the deal. I would recommend that you try it and see for yourself.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptHoliday
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2012

A great place to stay in Winnipeg. Room was comfortable and clean and they are pet friendly ( we traveled with a cat ) They have a great little bar downstairs and the locals were very friendly and the beer great. I think the most homey touch was the great free breakfast they provided. A woman named Carol runs that operation and does a fantastic job. I found myself going back for seconds in the morning and it is a complete breakfast. It took a bit to get used to the Canadian sense of humor ( I'm from the states ) If and when I return to Winnipeg this will be my go to Hotel. Everyone on the staff was great and I have no problem recommending this Hotel to anyone. Thanks to all for a great stay......Tony W

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located outside downtown and has a bar and beer store on the same site which makes it crowded at night when the locals show up, taking up the best spots in the parking lot.

Aside from that the service at the front desk is pretty good and the rooms are reasonably well done for a Quality Inn. One thing I experienced was that the housekeeping staff need to step up their game. I stayed two nights and there was no housekeeping to tidy my room and change towels. I also noticed the coffee maker sat neglected in the corner with a visible layer of dust.

The price was a bit lower than the downtown properties, but unless you're visiting the immediate area I would opt to stay downtown instead.

• Stayed May 2012