All reviews patio doors perimeter highway front desk hot breakfast pembina highway a ground floor room eggs and sausage ring road breakfast lady the trans canada highway hear everything queen bed night's sleep main floor check in was smooth breakfast included easy access
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We stayed at this hotel twice on this trip taking a ground floor room with a queen bed in the main building the first night and a king sized bed in the annex the second night.
The queen room was quiet acceptable, clean and quiet with the convenience of parking at the sliding patio door of the room, but for the extra $10 the king room is much more comfortable with a seating area and a huge bathroom.

Front desk staff were very helpful with directions.

There is a hot and cold buffet breakfast, with a decent cup of coffee.

Room tip: Book a king sized bed in the annex
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay us. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Everyone loves our King rooms once they have tried them out so book early on your next trip to Winnipeg. We hope you had a safe trip home and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Have stayed here two summers in a row for two nights each time. I've been pleased with the friendly and efficient staff, reasonable price, free breakfasts and comfortable beds. A special thank you to Martha, Laurie, Charlene, Gerald, Pat and Taylor for helping my friend and I have a pleasant stay. Also, well done support staff... housekeeping and laundry staff. Your good work did not go unnoticed.

There is no elevator, so if you're staying on the 2nd floor, be prepared to lug your luggage upstairs. Maybe management could figure out a way to compensate travellers for this inconvenience or else pay a staff person a bit extra to carry luggage for guests who need assistance.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.
I will ensure the staff are made aware of your comments as it is always gratifying to see when you have succeeded in your efforts for providing excellent guest service.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

I stay here almost we very year when visiting the city as the price is reasonable and it locates on the south end of the city and convenient for visiting the area. It recently had a renovation and is clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast is typical and certainly all I need.

Date of stay: July 2015

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and return to us each year. We were renovated in 2013 and at that time we added a Hot Breakfast including make your own waffles, a hot meat item and hot egg item daily as well as may more options. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip advisor and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Winnipeg.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

My husband and I use Choice Privilege hotels whenever possible. This hotel is at the top of the list. The front desk person, Charm, was so helpful and efficient. or even called us later in the evening to see if everything was okay. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in or going through Winnipeg. Our room even had a sliding glass door to the parking lot which was very convenient.

Room tip: Ask for bottom floor with sliding doors.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding Charm, I will ensure she sees your post. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate all feedback received.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

I had surgery and needed to stay in the city for medical reasons and to be near the hospital. We reserved the ground floor as I could not walk far, and had a walker for recovery.
Staff helped my husband out... with getting my breakfast, and cleaning our room around my routine, or how they could. Breakfast was good and convenient. It worked out well staying there conveniently placed near stores, restaurants, medical stores, and Victoria Hospital.
They kept there word on holding our ground floor room as promised. They made it up to us for a mistake they made in the past. We gave them the chance to cotrect it and they came through with flying colors.
Our room was really quiet in a busy area. I slept great! We have absolutely no reason at all to not return to this hotel. We would book here with confidence in the future! You will rest well and start your day with a good convenient meal! Plenty of available easy access parking, we didn't have to drivie around and around looking for a spot!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took such great care of you. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your giving us a second chance. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.