“High hopes were dashed... mediocre customer service”
Review of La P'tite France - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2015

First, the food was indeed very good! Chef puts out a good meal.

Service unfortunately was slow, and meal prep was slow (but we were warned ahead).
It took us 3 wine attempts before they had a brand in stock. Server didn't know if they were out of stock or not until they went to serve the wine. Kept coming back to tell us they were out of each brand.

Same for appetizers. Also out of stock of some items...

I also had a GroupOn that they completely denied. It was expired, but GroupOns are suppose to retain their cash value at cost. I thought the restaurant would be getting a better deal out of this... they already got my money for the groupon and instead of me getting $60 worth of the meal for $30, I was only getting my cash value back at $30. So I thought I should at least put the $30 I invested into La P'tite France to use.

Apparently they had some falling out with GroupOn and were lashing back at them... or something... so they decided to screw over their customers in the process too by basically saying the money we've invested into the groupon for their business was worthless and wasted. Leaving us to figure out how to get our money back... Not very cool, I wasn't impressed.

Won't be going back for that slight. I don't know what their problem is, but plenty of businesses are doing well with GroupOn and use them on a regular basis.

I'm a fan of local and small business, but sadly this place has bad public relations. :(

Still, food is delicious! The taste earned a "wow" from both of us, so I would recommend trying it for that reason alone... just don't set your expectations very high for anything else.

1  Thank Andre T

Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

Thought I would take my gf to a nice valentine dinner, and I was disappointed. Started out with a dirty glass of water, and the staff didn't even seem to care about. The gf salad dressing was so salty, it made u want to drink that dirty glass of water. Do u not taste ur good before u send it out ? I ordered the spicy mussels, there was no sauce even with the mussels and the worst part is when u eat a bad mussel. And the main course my gf ordered a ny steak and it looked like a quality steak:) but who would pan fry that!!! Do u not own a grill? Flavour less she couldn't even eat it and the staff saw that and didn't seem to ask if there was any thing wrong with it!!! I ordered the lamb shank and the amount of olives with it made my meat so salty, doNt now who the cook was but really needs to go back to culinary school....We left half way through meal. And had to settle for the keg.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

La P'tite France is tiny and unassuming on the outside. Indoors, the smells and flavours are impeccable. It is a full-evening dining experience, so don't expect to be served and leave within 45 minutes. Enjoy the company you're with and snack on the AMAZING olives and baguette. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Food is solid and prices are decent. Our server got slammed the night we were there; she was the only server in the place and it eventually got pretty full. 90 minutes in and we still didn't receive our mains. My wife thinks that length of time is part of the dining experience...

The restaurant is in a pretty pedestrian location so if you're into watching traffic drive by on a busy street then this place is for you.

They apparently source their beef from the same place as 529 Wellington, and the steak we had was pretty awesome. I had seafood en papillote, and it was also pretty awesome. Local MB butter was great, as were the olives marinated in some sort of dressing. And I hate olives usually.

Great food, service was (understandably?) very slow but friendly.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times and have always been pleased with everything. This time was also delicious, but a little disappointing. After a wonderful appetizer of calamari strips and some fresh, warm bread, my entree of canard arrived. It was gone in just a few bites. They were tasty bites, but I'm sorry to say that the single leg I received was rather bony and the meat was thin. Not what I would consider an entree portion... The veggies were delightful, and so was the dessert (which made my meal seem more complete than without). Maybe it was because we were using a Groupon this time? I don't know. Every place is allowed to slip once in a while. I'll definitely be giving this usually terrific restaurant another chance!