Bear Country Inn(Churchill)
Tundra Inn(Churchill)
Dream House B&B(Churchill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskliving roomlarge closettwo storyup stairswalking distancecoffee makerapartmentvalerieroomyfacilitiestownheatinghallwaystovebears
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I'm a bit late providing a review but felt the need to. I was supposed to stay at the Tundra Inn however the night before arrival they had had a fire. Therefore the rest of the hotels in Churchill had to accommodate last minute. Didn't know what to expect, but the rooms were ready despite it being last minute and I had a two story apartment which was so spacious. I had a lounge and kitchen downstairs, and a bedroom, bathroom and very large closet up stairs. Everything was spotless and Valerie was lovely, she even gave me a lift to my pre booked Dog Sledding (which I run by her husband)!
Such a great 'Churchill' experience, and I'm glad I was put here. If you're expecting 5*, in Churchill this doesn't exist given its location etc etc. Everything is walking distance in Churchill and I recommend you do walk about, as a solo traveller I felt so safe and met some lovely people.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Rodders1982
Reviewed 21 November 2016

The place is a former apartment building so the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Do not expect anything fancy, though. There is usually no one at the front desk and there is no restaurant or other amenities in the hotel. Our room had a full kitchen though. Towels were hard to come by and we were asked to vacate our room by 8 am rather than the 11 a.m. checkout time because they had a group coming in. I was told it is owned and staffed by local people. Churchill is a small town so you can't expect big city convenience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We were very impressed by the Aurora Inn. Nice living space with two leather settees, coffee table and tv. Fully stocked kitchen with full cooker and fridge, dining room table and chairs. Up stairs we had two queen sized beds and a bathroom. The heating was excellent, very important in Churchill. Whole place was very clean. We were checked in very promptly and had no issues with the front desk not being manned.

Less than 800 people live in Churchill and most have several jobs in "Bear season". If people expect a full service hotel, maybe Churchill isn't for them!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMoogScotland
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Stayed here 3 nights with Frontier's north during bear season. Group of 20+ arrived at 4pm, no one was at front desk. Tour leader had to call the owner's wife to come in, we all waited half an hour for her after a long tiring day of tour. When she finally came, no smile, no greetings, no apologies, just passed out the keys. We were little surprised by her attitude. There are not many choices for hotels during bear season, but never seen such attitude at any front desk either. In the next 3 days, never see anybody at the front desk. I know they are booked solid, she does not even care.

The room is 2 story loft with small kitchen couch tv downstairs, beds/bathroom upstairs. It is spacious but very old. It's a pain to go up and down stairs. The wi fi did not work 90% of the time. Unless we log in as soon as we arrive at the hotel, it works for 2 minutes. Then when everybody tried to log in, it stopped working.

There is no dining room in the hotel. We had to walk to different hotel for breakfast and dinner. Its 5-8 minute walk in the cold, snow, wind and darkness. We were so scared to run into some polar bear too. Try to stay at other hotel with restaurant.

Room Tip: Call the hotel before you come, no one is at front desk to give you keys so you dont have to wait for half an hour for her to come in
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bobolee55
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We were booked there for our Polar Bear adventure. this is a very small town, so if you are looking for a spa adventure you are out of luck,. But, the rooms were large, clean, comfortable and well-furnished. The inn is professionally maintained and the cleaner did a good job.

In LA it would be a by-thought, but in Churchill (Pop.900) it is as good as you can get and worth consideration

Room Tip: You're are in a small town on the edge of civilization. Take Hobsons choice for a room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple