“Interesting little Restaurant”
Review of Sabor Latino

Sabor Latino
Ranked #17 of 150 Restaurants in Brandon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a interesting little restaurant in downtown Brandon. We were there in the evening so it wasn't too busy. I would think lunch time would be crowded as it is across from City Hall. We had Chilaquiles which is a chicken, sour cream with vegetables on a tortilla chip base. Very tasty, and lots of food on the plate. The other meal was Mexicanos Trio which is three tacos with onion, cilantro and green sauce. The chicken tacos was the best of the three. Next time I am going to leave room to try a dessert. The Tres Leches looks interesting but of course very rich as it is made with condensed milk and fresh fruit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did a takeout order while traveling for work based on the recommendation of a local. The restaurant itself looked clean and pretty cute and the person who took my payment was so friendly and polite. I really wanted enchiladas but that wasn’t an option so I chose a platter and tried some new things. They were so good and the flavor was amazing. I tried the empanadas, pupusas and the chicken taco. Of all of those, the taco was my least favourite but t was still good! This place is definitely worth checking out and I would go back the next time I’m in town.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

First time visit. Some of the food was very tasty. The carna asada had good flavourbut was tough.
A bigger issue was that meals came out at different intervals and we couldnt eat together

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Three of us decided to try some Mexican and South American food while in Brandon, so we went to Sabor Latino, a pleasantly decorated location just off the downtown core.

I chose one of the restaurant's platters for dinner. With it I received a shredded chicken taco (good, nice flavour), a chicken empanada (the tastiest part of my meal, made in-house and filled with tasty, chicken, vegetables, rice and spices) and a Papusa, a Salvadorean dish with cheese and beans stuffed between two house-made corn tortillas. Chips and home-made salsa also came with my selection. I was very pleased with what I had.

My wife opted for the rib dish and while tasty, the meat was gristly and fatty. She enjoyed the taste but said this was not the best cut of meat. Her sister had a chicken dish which was very tasty and a huge serving with lots to take home for the next day. Both of these dishes had (very nicely prepared) rice on the side as well as deep-fried plantain and an assortment of vegetables.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best Mexican/Latino restaurants we have been to in Canada. Definitely on our hit list while passing through Brandon on the Trans-Canada!!