“Comfortable and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Whistler, Canada
“Comfortable and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We only stayed for one night, on a whim to extend our Whistler vacation, but found it to be very comfortable and really quiet considering how close it is to the village. The rooms are average in size, but well maintained, beds are very comfortable. They are very bike friendly, wash stations, tools and ramps, which we really appreciate. We normally stay in condos in Whistler, but if we are looking for a straight up hotel room I will book again. The only downside to this hotel is that you will be charged for parking, which I don't agree with, if I am paying to staying at your hotel parking should be Free, not $20/night.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I can't say enough about my stay at Aava Hotel. I booked with the staff over the phone, who were very nice, helpful and informative. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the most friendly staff, and when I flopped down on the bed it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!
Yes, the rooms are fairly compact, as well as the bathroom, but everything is set up to make the space feel much bigger.
The hotel is clean, looks modern and basically new, the pool and hot tub were great, and the location next to the village was perfect.

THANX SO MUCH AAVA!!!

Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I must give a perfect score to the people working there. They really went the extra miles to accomodate my situation. Here is the story. The day after I checked-in at the Aava hotel, I broke my neck in Whistler Bike Park. (Always wear a helmet!) The night before the accident, I bought a little bit of food (yogurt, juice, bread, cereals...) and stored it in the room fridge. After the accident, the Whistler hospital called the hotel and told them that I would probably not come back to the hotel soon. The people from the hotel then emptied my room and put all my belongings back in into my bags. Thankfully, my stay at the hospital has not been as long as first estimated so I returned to the hotel the next day to recover (I'm not from BC) after being discharged from the hospital. Before my second arrival, the hotel staff moved my belongings into my new room (handicap room) but the food was missing. When I inquired about my food, the guy at the desk said he would investigate. Half an hour later, he came back to my room with some new yogurt, bread, cereals and juice as he could not found my food. That was so nice! The very next morning, they found my food in one of the hotel fridge and put it back in my fridge. As for the hotel itself, rooms are nice, clean and well equiped. Beds are good and showers are clean. Internet computers could have been better though.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Room was very stuffy and air con made it hard to breath, the bed was extremely saggy and uncomfortable.
basic cable tv was terrible. no pay per movies available
location was great

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed here during Tough Mudder weekend and was very happy with the hotel. The lobby and rooms were very modern and beautiful. The hotel offered free WiFi as well as a parking special if you checked into Foursquare while you were there. This is quite handy as parking is $19/night - reasonable for all hotels in Whistler from what I could see.

We only had 2 complaints about the room during our stay. First, our room did not have a bath. In our booking information it stated there would be a tub, but we just had a shower. For any other weekend, this wouldn't have bothered us but as my boyfriend was taking on Tough Mudder, it would have been fantastic to have one. Secondly, there is a small square window at the top, above the main windows. It provides extra light, which is nice, but there is no curtain for it! Makes sleeping kind of difficult when the lights are peaking through during the night and early morning.

Room Tip: The East wing faces the parking lot of White Spot and walking path into the village. This can get l...