Aava Whistler Hotel
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 340
US$ 297
Hilton.com
US$ 291
US$ 278
US$ 305
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 408
Nita Lake Lodge
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 322
US$ 237
Westin.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 291/night.

US$ 480
US$ 383
  • Pool
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 362
getaroom.com
US$ 254
Sundial Boutique Hotel(Whistler)
1,861 results
All reviewshot tubgopro camerabike valetdriving rangeaveda productssmall poolminute walkwould stay here againmini fridgecoffee machineski lockersconvenient locationvillage strollper nightmountain bikingunderground parkingmain village
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Aava in Whistler for three nights a couple of weeks ago, having found a great deal online.
Turns out its very, very conveniently located for accessing the gondola and its a very nice contemporary design, not really much of the 'ski lodge' look that most places do in Whistler. So that was nice. Oh you could borrow one of those head camera's to record your day on the mountian.... for free!
We had a superior king room which was pretty big, over looked the pool, view of the village and mountains beyond. All very nice.
Then I got into bed and nearly lost my mind! It was luxurious beyond what I had imagined. The sheets were awesome, the pillow top mattress was luscious, the duvet was so cozy. We usually stay in another 5 star hotel in Whistler but the bed... omg the bed... we are going back for three more nights over Easter specifically because of that bed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey_DW
A TripAdvisor Member
Terrace, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Great hotel ,location and quiet !! Loved the hot tub after a full day of skiing ,although could have been a little warmer the first couple of days .last day was perfect

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Aava for 5 nights while attending a conference at the Whistler Conference Centre. I didn't spend much time in the room, and I'm guessing if you're going to Whistler to ski (or confer!), you won't either. So the Aava is more than adequate.

I arrived absurdly early, far too early for my room to be ready. But they were kind enough to stow my baggage for a few hours while I surfed the internet in the lobby (it was pretty fast!), then wandered around Whistler Village.

Although Aava is not right on the Village Stroll, do not let that misguide you - it is SO CLOSE to everything. Well, everything is so close to everything. But I was right across the street from the conference centre (I'd say 4 minutes away), and you are probably about 7 minutes away from the lifts. Everything in Whistler Village looks the same so it takes a bit to get acquainted with which turns to take to get to which destinations, but once you do, the place is a cinch.

Upon checking in, I went to my third floor apartment, which was supposed to look out onto the slopes. Well, it's the third floor, so you don't see much, but I did get to look out on the expanse of snowy golf course, which was serene. The room is pretty basic, but gets a TON of light! Great for those jet-lagged individuals who need the light to re-set their internal clocks. All the basics plus a little couch thing on the far side of the room, but it was REALLY hard and was not the comfy cozy reading nook I was hoping it would be. Oh well, who needs to read when you're in Whistler - even staring off into space/the mountains for an hour feels like time well-spent.

The BEST part of the room is the bed. So comfortable! Sleeping in that bed feels like a giant, downy embrace. You just plop down and get enveloped in the comfy cozy luxury of it, especially after a day of travel (or extreme snow activity).

The hotel has a small pool and a hot tub, plus fitness facility. I did not check out the aquatic offerings, but did do a tiny run on the treadmill. I don't know if it was the elevation (I live at sea level - that's my excuse!), but I couldn't run more than 3 minutes before I got winded. But of course that is not the Aava's fault. The gym is well-equipped, one each of: elliptical, treadmill, stationery bike, weight machine. Plus free weights, bench, balance and bosu balls, and a TV that did not have a remote that I could spot (which left me watching my running self in the mirror...).

There is no attached restaurant, but there is a White Spot across the parking lot. I did not try it, as I was exploring the various restaurants on The Stroll and eating conference food.

I do have two tiny qualms with the hotel, which, when I actually write them out, seem kind of trivial. It would be nice if the fitness facility, which doesn't seem too used, had some towels and a water fountain. Also, the space between the desk and the edge of the bed is quite narrow, so that when you are sitting at the desk, no one could get around you. I stayed by myself, so didn't have that problem, but even I had trouble maneuvering the space between the chair and the bed, mostly because that chair does not scoot under the desk easily - it has 4 legs but no space on the back to grab and push easily (does that make any sense?).

Overall, though, it was a great hotel for my needs. And everyone at the front desk wears argyle sweaters!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here 7th March to 15th and we'd love to come back. The Aava is close to all amenities but without being too close. It is a short walk to the lifts but it is generally on the flat and not a problem. We travelled with Crystal holidays and our package include the skiers breakfast at the White Spot - only a few steps across the driveway. Hardly inconvenient. We stayed in room 315 in the west wing. The room backed onto the driving range so we heard no road noise. The most annoying thing was the noise from the in-room fridge. I always travel with ear plugs so it didn't bother me. The best thing about our room was the bed - sooooooo comfy. I'd have the mattress at home. The room was clean as was the hotel. Staff very friendy. Ski lockers were plentiful. The wi-fi signal was weak but what the heck we were on holiday and didn't need constant distraction of facebook etc. We definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple