“Cozy and delicious!”

Ranked #20 of 204 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 34
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally inspired cuisine set in a casual bistro atmosphere. Chef Nicholas Cassettari combines his classic training, top tier experience, and world travels with the best of B.C.'S bounty to create the fine flavours at Alta Bistro. Service is casual and prompt in the dining room and bar. The wine list is French focused, with the best of B.C. As well as international selections (many by the glass) with Enomatic machines dispensing fine and eclectic selections to pair with Alta's cuisine. Mixologists behind our bar craft some of Whistler's finest cocktails. The cozy bistro atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Reservations are a must.
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

A few steps away from the crowded village centre, you find a well hidden Whistler gem: alta bistro is a beautiful place, cozy and welcoming with delicious dishes.
Waiters are fast and smiling, effective and with a good knowledge of the menu, suggesting alternative options that will certainly match your taste and expectations too.
For a starter, took the elk tartar and foie gras parfait. Great choice, if you like the thickness of foie gras. Served with nicely baked crackers, it was fantastic. Need to be shared though, too much for a single person starter. Keep in mind that you will need a dry wine to calm the "gras" overload!
Being in a bistro, the choice for the main course was already made in advance: cassoulet!
Alta bistro cassoulet has something that makes it unique: it combines the french tradition to the modern north american healthy selection of ingredients, in particular fried kale, apple and spinach. The result is amazing, as the slowly cooked beans, the pork belly and the spanish chorizo gently fuse with the above.
Wine wise, the list is interested, and I strongly suggest you opt for a local wine. I selected Pinot Gris, Haywire, 2014, Okanagan Valley, BC and I was right!!!
Unfortunately, no space left for dessert, but they do have interesting plates.
Overall, nice place, great frenchy food, excellent staff.
What to improve: well, the entrance is not really welcoming, you pass along the kitchen, in a narrow corridor with all the smells. Not really nice.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Loved it 2016. Liked it 2017.

Maybe just the meal & the night.

Have previously Ben there twice. Just did not sparkle.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We booked Alta bistro for my mothers birthday dinner and were not disappointed by this gem. Very reasonably priced by whistler standards, the wine was spectacular and good value, espresso martinis perfect, food excellent. I'm a vegetarian and was very well catered to. The road 13 (I think) Syrah blend red was such an interesting and delicious wine. We had a great evening, thank you to the staff for being accommodating but not overbearing. Will be back when I'm lucky enough to return to whistler!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food and service!
We love this place and we try to come here every time we visit Whistler. We are always amazed with their creations and we enjoy every bite. We love the bistro atmosphere too. Sometimes, we come in at have cocktails at the bar and some nibbles. I highly recommend this place for foodies!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I don't do many TripAdvisor reviews but I had to share the best experience I've had at Whistler this week. I don't do detail but suffice to say everything from the Antipasto starter to the special crackling pork to the best after dinner cocktail was sublime. It was so good we booked again for our final night in Whistler
A great find....