By far, this is one of the nicer Hilton's we've stayed in. Great location, great staff, beautiful rooms. You can easily walk to everything- including several lifts during ski season. Our room had an excellent view of the mountain & village below.
Our only rub is that while the hotel room itself was fairly priced- small little Whistler is far from a budget destination- starting with the Hilton's steep parking charges- at $30/day, absolute robbery- which the Canadians then tax another $4. You've got no choice. Hotel restaurant was acceptable but also overpriced.
Beyond the hotel, lift tickets are $100/day, plus tax. Don't expect much in the way of tasty or fairly priced food in the entire area- perhaps it's because whomever owns the village charges sky-high rent, but you'll spend a fortune on food, & none of it is especially good. The only bargain eatery for a family is the Old Spaghetti Factory, hidden in the basement of a nearby hotel. Likewise, expect zero bargains looking through the many shops- they hardly discount anything- fine if you like to drop $400 on a ski parka, but most visitors seemed to walk out of these shops without a purchase. There really is no place to drive out to for dinners from the village- the one place we did find out of the village (Edgewater Restaurant) was above average in quality, small in portion size & ultra-expensive. Needs a separate review, I guess.
Also, check with your charge-card company- both our AMEX & VISA adds $5-10 foreign transaction fees each & every time one charges something. Crazy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCING WHISTLER STARTS WITH HILTON Relax and unwind at the luxurious, award winning Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Whistler Village, host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympics Games. Named by Condé Nast as the 10th top resort hotel in Canada, the hotel is steps away from the chairlifts of the legendary Whistler & Blackcomb Mountains, and offers an array of world class restaurants, stylish boutiques, and buzzing nightlife at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Whistler Resort And Spa
- Hilton Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Hilton Hotel Whistler
- Whistler Hilton