4,003 results
All reviews mallard lounge gold floor wildflower restaurant health club blackcomb mountain upper village beautiful hotel ski valet slope side hot chocolate self parking valet service steam room end of the day apres ski outdoor pool four seasons
Reviewed 13 June 2007

This place is unbelievable. First I should tell you that it normally takes my wife about two days, no exaggeration, to really relax when we are on vacation because she's a Type A person. Well, from the very moment we arrived at this hotel, she was relaxed! You MUST sign up for their President's club, it is awesome and it's free. You will receive added bonuses for this club, such as checking in on the 8th floor, your room is on the 8th floor or above, and there is breakfast in the morning and tea and assorted goodies in the afternoon and into the evening.
The entire staff at this hotel go out of their way to make you comfortable and will try their hardest to make you feel at home. I usually don't spend this kind of money on a hotel room, but let me tell you that it was worth every nickel. The rooms are very nice with fireplace, large bed, and the size is very comfortable. All the amenities you need, plus room service.
I actually felt like a celebrity staying at this place because we were treated like royalty, without the Paparazzi of course. Anyway, the setting is beautiful, it's close to everything outdoors, and their spa is very good, too. There are many, many great restaurants in Whistler, which was a huge surprise to us, but you will not go hungry in this town. Anyway, this was one of the best experiences in a hotel stay that I've ever had, and I've been to many places in Europe, Mexico, and the States. I will definitely go back to Chateau Whistler. Enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank hankypanky505
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We went to the Fairmont on their Golf Free package which was an exceptional value. However, the service, especially at the golf course, far exceeded anything we have ever experienced and we're not newbies at this travel game. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationer803285
Reviewed 26 April 2007

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a getaway from our kids - a great trip and highly recommend it. From the arrival at the valet parking we were treated very nicley through out our stay. Our check in was quick and friendly. We stayed in Fairmont room and had specatular views of the mountains. Perfect size room for us and all the great ameniteis that we need, as well as clean! The beds were very comfortable and loved the duvets and bedding.

We dined at the Wildflower Wine Room - this is THE BEST food we have had, great quality and excelent service. The wine pairing with the food was fabulous. We should dine like this every night!

Portobello was a great spot to have lunch. We enjoyed a "create your own" sandwich and scumptious home made donuts.

Having the hotel ski in and ski out was so convenient, the only way to do it. Many other hotels said they were ski in ski out) but when we got to the resort, we realized they really weren't like the Chateau is. We felt bad for the guests staying at the Four Seasons as they told us they thought it was ski in ski out and they had to take a quick shuttle over or a walk. We felt good we made the right choice!

Apres ski (and after dinner) we went to the Mallard Lounge - now this is where you want to be. Great live entertainment, good selection of food and drinks and awesome views of the mountains we just skied.

Overall, we highly recommend the hotel, from it's great location, fabulous personable service, attention to detail, great rate, yummy food and the best people working there made our trip one to remember.

We will be back for sure and bring our friends so they too can enjoy the Fairmont Chateau Whistler- our new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bnthere
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I had the opportunity to stay at the fairmont chateau whistler with my family for one week at the beginning of april. what an outstanding holiday! 332cm of snow, gorgeous weather and a fabulous hotel experience. This was not our first visit to whistler, but is was our first visit at the fairmont Chateau Whistler. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel was ski-in ski out, various restaurants for my family to choose form and a great deal of life and atmosphere in the lobby. Almost a buzz of excited skiiers. The Fairmont Gold staff were wonderful and it felt like they were always 4 steps ahead of us, anticipating our next question. We definitely rebook this hotel for our next stay.
The Waylans

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vancouver101
Reviewed 24 April 2007

We had three nights at the Fairmont, booked through Expedia four days before arrival. We paid about C$500pn +tax for what ws described as a one bedroom suite, ideal for families. This was about 30% cheaper than on the hotel's website but I had the sense that we were given a second rate room with second rate service. We had two teenagers with us and found the room was at the very end of a long and circuitous corridor, the furtherest distance possible from the elevator. The room seemed like a standard hotel room with a sliding door shutter dividing the room in half. The kids slept on a fold out sofa, which when folded out left us with no floor space.

Being at the end of the long hallway, the servicing of the room was not up to scratch. The milk that we used with our coffee made in the room, was not replenished, and when I asked the maid in the hall, she said she ddn't deal with milk and that I would have to call room service and have some sent up. Seemed a bit silly for UHT milk.

There were no robes in the room and as everyone else seemed to be wearing hotel robes to the pool very nice lap pool, kids pool and multiple hot tubs), I asked if our room should have had robes. I was told that some would be sent up, but it took three phone calls and two days to get the robes.

Breakfast in the hotel restaraunt IWildflower) was good, though expensive. A better and cheaper alternative was to get breakfast from the Portabello deli in the basement of the hotel. It is like a canteen or cafeteria at about half the price of the upstairs restaurant, with the same excellent quality of food.

We had dinner in the Wildflower restaurant once. Very good food and service.

The ski valet guys provide an excellent service. They get your boots out very quickly and with a smile, and put away your shoes until you return in the afternoon. They also bring your skis back from the base of the charilift- on a trolley, to the hotel, in the afternoon. Wonderful service.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family