4,003 results
All reviews mallard lounge gold floor wildflower restaurant health club blackcomb mountain upper village beautiful hotel ski valet slope side hot chocolate self parking valet service steam room end of the day apres ski outdoor pool four seasons
Reviewed 12 July 2008

First impressions are lasting impressions, and high quality service is the lasting impression we have of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel.

We were incredibly impressed with the attentiveness of all the staff, in particular the slickness of the team of bell-hops (in lovely uniforms), and how slickly they dealt with parking our hire car and transferring our luggage to our room. They all wear radio headsets, and communicate to each other, so that when we got to our room (on the 7th floor) and realised we'd left something in the car, Brian (who had brought up our luggage and been supremely helpful giving us a "guided tour" of our room) simply pressed a button on his wireless radio device to contact one of his colleagues downstairs - within 15 minutes the missing items were brought up to our room.

We're not skiers/snowboarders/mountain bikers, and don't have kids, but we thoroughly enjoyed our summer stay in Whistler, which is great for families, singles and couples alike. We stayed at three Fairmont hotels during our 2008 Canada holiday, and didn't have a bad experience at any of them. We'll definitely stay at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler when we return to Canada, which we most definitely will.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I have stayed here two nights.

Perfect location in Whistler.
Good staff.
Nice food and wines.
Interiour very good.
Very nice breakfast buffet, asl always with Fairmonts.
Great pool with views.
Very good rooms!!

Walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MrCanada
Reviewed 16 June 2008

I have stayed at a number of Fairmonts but I was truly disappointed with my stay at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Although the location is very good, and the facility offers a lot of amenities. The overall stay just seemed mediocre which is not what I would expect at a Fairmont.

The stay started off poorly. I made the mistake of not checking in first and heading straight to the parkade under the hotel. I was disappointed to see that parking would be $30 per night to self park! What made things even worse was that when I went to check-in, the Front Desk asked me if I needed parking and advised me that it's only just over $20 to park in the exact same lot as a registered hotel guest. Unfortunately for me, as I had already paid, the Front Desk said they could not do anything about it as the parking is managed through another company.

To complicate matters further, check-in time was not until 4pm. We arrived after 3 and our room was not ready. This was very frustrating as most hotels offer a 3pm check-in. We decided to kill about an hour by eating on site. The soda fountain machine was not working and we had to wait forever for a can of pop to be delivered to us.

We were satisfied with the room that we received but the sheets had stains on them which also seemed uncharacteristic of Fairmont quality. I do like the property overall and I would like to stay there again but I was just very disappointed with these mediocre circumstances which I have come to expect DO NOT happen at Fairmont properties.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank darrylwilsonjr
Reviewed 1 June 2008

We just returned from a 16 day vacation to the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, and Whistler BC. The cruise was awesome, The stay in Whistler was terrible, we will never return!
This was a post cruise (Regent arranged) 2 night stay in Whistler with a return to Vancouver via the Whistler Mountaineer. We arrived at 11 am, check in was not until 3pm, they told us that they could let us have a room early, a "deluxe room". We should have know better-a small room with a king bed and extremely uncomfortable sofa. Our reservations were for a suite with a balcony, of course that was not available. it was the worst 2 days of any vacation in the past 22 years.
Be very careful and make sure that you get exactly what you paid for. A six-pack of diet cokes cost $10.00, plus $4.95 delivery, plus a 16 % gratuity. The hotel is not located near any markets, so they have you at a disadvantage for comparison shopping for soft drinks or snacks.
Buyer Beware!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank MtnHorse1
Reviewed 29 May 2008

I have stayed at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort twice. No doubt the location of the resort is the best, you can ski in/out from the resort; You get very nice mountain views from your room regardless which side your window is facing; They have several outdoor hot tubs/swimming pools and one indoor hot tub, the fitness center/locker room are very clean. The service at the wild flower restaurant is very good, even though it is expensive there. The room is very clean, free coffee/tea, safety box, robes, everything you need, they have it (except slippers, seems like they only have slippers at Gold rooms). It is a short walk to village, and if the weather is not good, you can always take the shuttle. The people there are very friendly, the valet boy will give you water/cookie when you leave the hotel. Overall, it is a great place to stay at Whistler.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends