Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 223
US$ 208
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
Legends(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 178
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 229
US$ 166
US$ 300
US$ 231
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 228
US$ 332
US$ 289
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 228
US$ 209
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$ 246
US$ 144
3,895 results
All reviewsmallard loungegold floorwildflower restauranthealth clubblackcomb mountainupper villagebeautiful hotelski valetslope sidehot chocolateself parkingvalet servicesteam roomend of the dayapres skioutdoor poolfour seasons
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Very nice hotel with expansive lobby and grounds. Rooms are clean, good sized and comfortable. We were given a voucher for a free game of golf at the Chateau Whistler Golf Course for each day of stay. The golf course is in pretty good condition and reasonably challenging.

Room Tip: Wifi is available free to President's Club members
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I were travelling across Canada from Calgary to Vancouver and decided to stay at Fairmont Hotels at each destination. It has therefore been very easy to compare rooms and standards. This was our third hotel having stayed at the Palliser in Calgary and the Chateau Lake Louise (CLL). We were staying for 3 days. We were already a member of the President's Club which is worth doing (free) as it can save time on checking in and I believe after a certain number of visits to Fairmont hotels you get some concessions?
Prompt check in on arrival and our luggage was already in our room together with a complimentary bottle of wine. Not sure if this was because we were in a de-luxe mountain view room or that we were President Club members. (We'd had a seleciton of fruit in Lake Louise). Still a nice touch The room was large and the bathroom was very large in comparison to CLL and even had a separate shower cubicle and the bath tub was large enough to lie down in. Nice flat screen TV and plenty of hanging space in wardrobe. Rooms were clean and bed was huge and very comfortable. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel looking towards the mountains which was very nice.
Hotel was situated in the upper part of Whistler village which for me was ideal as it was away from the noisier lower village, It was about a 10 minute walk to the main part of Whistler taking you through pedestrianised/cycling/skateboarding trails.
We did not eat at the hotel as we had so many other options in the village and it can get quite pricey using the hotel restaurants.
The public areas of the hotel were clean and in keeping with the local surroundings. We spent an nice couple of hours in the outside garden reading and relaxing and moved later to the pool area which was being used by a few hardy souls. (Think it was heated though!)
Parking our hire car was easy in the secure indoor car park loc located next to the hotel but again, you are a captive market and have to pay high parking charges. There are some outdoor public car parks we noted on our walk through to the village, but not sure how much these charge.
Had a fantastic day doing the Zip lining with Zip Trek. There was another company offered via the hotel (can't remember the name) but I'd already read that Zip Trek were the best. Go do it you won't be disappointed and it really isn't that scary. You feel very safe and the guides are knowledgeable and give information on eco conservation etc.
We also spent a day sightseeing Whistler and Blackcomb mountains using the Peak2Peak Gondola. Choose a nice day as you want the best views and they are incredible. We spent an hour at the top of Blackcomb having a coffee and taking in all the scenery.Remember that although you might feel warm at the bottom of the mountain, if there is still snow on the peak it will be chilly and you'll need proper footwear and clothing.
Would stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank CoolchickBasingstoke
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler exactly 22 times. The first 5, don't remember- I was a toddler. The past 17- I remember each and every stay. Unfortunately, I'd rather forget the past stay I've had. Everything was wonderful in terms of 'class'...The rooms were cozy, clean and wonderful, beds were as comfortable as ever, food was amazing as always at The Wildflower, but something lacklustered- and that was customer service. From the front desk, to the pool attendant, to the girl working at Portobellos, I swear I could not get a smile if I was a clown with a rubber nose. I felt like a loser in a high school cafeteria... I don't mind the extreme costs- but I do mind the lack of service..With the extreme dollars that are being charged, I really think they need to reevaluate their customer service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel01081990
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in November of last year. It was concerning to read about the lack lustre service you encountered during your stay. Given your long standing loyalty to The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, I trust that you would agree that your most recent experience was not indicative of the level of service you have come to enjoy with us.

We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay, and hope to restore your faith in our hotel. The Manager on Duty can be reached at 604 938 2030.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

The Fairmont Chateau Whistler

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We went to Whistler to spend the night, four generations, for Father's Day. There were two family, with four children under 2 years of age. We also travelled with a dog, a siberian husky. The reception was friendly and helpful. The rooms were great! We cannot say enough about the helpful staff, from the parking valets to bellmen to concierge. We had brunch on Sunday morning, and they placed us all in The Wine Room. It made it so easy for all of us. And again the food and service were beyond reproach. Thanks so much for everything! We will be back. The sweetest part was watching the valet service packing kids, equipment and babies into the cars, and offering water for the trip home. Thamks, Fairmont Family.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We returned to the Fairmont for the first time with our 8-month old twins for Father's Day. Having only stayed in the hotel previously without children, I had no idea the hotel was so family friendly. I think it goes to show that the hotel accommodates all types of guests with ease.
I was a bit concerned about how the weekend would go with two babies in a hotel room, but we made the best choice by going to the Fairmont for the kind of service they provide. I had booked a regular room online but at check in, a larger room on the Gold floor was available. We were really lucky to be offered a discounted upgrade fee, so we choose to go with this room and it was a great decision. I didn't know what kind of room we would be getting, but it was beyond my expectations. Wow-first, the room was much bigger than the regular room, and it was no problem fitting two cribs (they provided) in the room and all the gear we have to lug around. The best part was being on the Gold floor where we could get drinks, breakfast and appetizers in the Gold lounge. The Gold staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. For us, it made such a difference because it was so much easier to just carry the babies to the lounge and have breakfast there instead of having to get them ready and leave the hotel to go somewhere for breakfast. When we showed up for breakfast, the staff brought in high chairs, no problem. A bonus for my husband and I was having a glass of wine in the afternoon (with the appetizers) in a beautiful lounge setting. Since babies are not allowed in pubs (in Canada), it was a wonderful treat that we haven't done in awhile! The lounge also has DVDs which, again, was great for us since we were not going out in the evening once the babies were asleep. We were able to hang out in a beautiful room, relax and watch a movie.

We were very conscious about our baby twins' behaviour and made sure they were not acting out and disturbing other people. They actually were really good (no melt downs in public!) and we always felt welcome by everyone- other guests and staff. In the future, I will reserve the Gold level as it provided a wonderful level of service and really made my husband's first Father's Day memorable. I'd like to thank the staff for their help and level of professionalism.