“WON'T BE EATING HERE AGAIN”
Review of The Rice Box

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Rice Box
Ranked #105 of 232 Restaurants in Vernon
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We ordered garlic ribs, spring rolls and chicken chow mien. The ribs were so salty they were barely edible. The chicken chow mien was basically a box of expensive, dry noodles with a few tiny pieces of chicken and very very few pieces of broccoli. I ordered this on a Sunday. I went back on Monday to complain but they were closed. Back in on Tues. (i live 15km out of town) when I voiced my complaint they said I should have brought it back in the next day (they were closed) or phoned. There was no offer of even I order of vegetables or anything to say sorry....we want to keep your business....please let us make it up to you. I was not there to take advantage of anyone but that would have been really nice. In spite of your community service WE WILL NOT BE EATING HERE AGAIN.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is a family run business that has quite a story. Immigrated some years ago and has proven that hard work and putting out a great product will make you successful. This is some of the best take out food available. prices are very reasonable also.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

recently got home for riding all day and ordered up some rice box, the order was indeed ready in 12 minutes as stated, the spring rolls are amazing, the rice was fresh and the curry that i ordered was super flavorful, not super spicy but lots of flavor! i would recommend the rice box to anyone and everyone! The service was awesome too, super friendly and very inviting to the restaurant when i picked up my food!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This is a take out Chinese. A couple of years ago this place, though still quite pricey at that time, produced very tasty good, with a good selection (lots of tofu options, good for vegetarians). Then a while ago we had a disappointing experience, so had not been there for quite some time until now. Sadly, the menu is much smaller, the prices are higher, and the food is bland. Pity, because the online ordering is easy, the meal was ready right on time, and the staff are pleasant. I hope they will revisit their menu and quality of food.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We were on our own to figure out dinner for my aunt who was in the hospital in Vernon. We had eaten at the rice box on a previous visit but my cousin took care of all the ordering and details. I got on my phone went to their website found it very user-friendly. Ordering was super easy. And they even suggested ordering extra rice and offered plates, forks, soy sauce and other accoutrements.
About 5 minutes after I ordered my phone rang and it was them double checking that I was indeed in Vernon I assured them I was and we would be there to pick it up in about 5 or 10 minutes.
The cashier came out to my car to let me know it would be a few more minutes asked us how our day was going and it was all around very pleasant. She then brought the pay point out to the car and then in about 10 minutes our order.
Our $71 order fed four adults and we had enough leftovers to take back to the house for lunch tomorrow as well as leave lunch for my aunt in the hospital.
Now let me tell you about the quality of the food , it was delicious! It was quite apparent that everything was prepared to order with very fresh ingredients. We had gluten-free and vegetarian options as well as beef and chicken everything was superb. The rice box will definitely be our go-to takeout when we are in Vernon.