“Very quick service”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Good food with very quick service. Also good value for the quality of the food. Thanks we will come again

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous looking, generous and really fresh. Nice service also. Lots of other shops in mall to get other shopping done.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I must say that I was very impressed by this restaurant, the staff was wonderful, and the food was very fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Walked in about 6 on a Friday, wait staff acknowledged me,I waited for a table. Man comes in, steps in front of me, staff seats him first. I wait again. When finally am to be seated I asked why that man was seated first, oh, thought you were with him. Did you ask? well no, but ...So I said I'd like a small table please. Oh we can't do that, you're alone and it's going to get busy so you'll have to sit at the sushi bar or one of the 2 tall window stools. I wasn't impressed. I ordered deluxe tempura, it comes with nothing, not even rice, so I ordered rice after. No one came back until I stood up to leave and pay the bill. I'll give it one more chance however I think single "mature" woman dining alone should have been treated just a bit better. Also, would like to see options of complete dinners rather than just single items on the menu as I've experienced in a lot of other Japanese restaurants I've been to.

1  Thank RanchWendy
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I have visited the Wasabi on about 6 occasions over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed. The food is always very good and very reasonably priced. The Wasabi has all the standard Japanese dishes - sushi, tempura, donburi, teriyaki, and an excellent selection of rolls. The food tastes fresh and is always excellently presented. The wait staff are very friendly and will recommend dishes if asked and are very knowledgeable about the food. The restaurant is not huge so they can't handle a really large group - 10 plus - without re-arranging the tables. The tables are mostly set up for 2 or 4 diners and possibly 6 although they can probably accommodate a little more. Very pleasant and relaxing spot though due to the intimate nature can get noisy. The only negative is that the Wasabi can be hard to find for those not familiar with the area. It is in a strip mall and can be difficult to see from the main road - Anderson Way. It is directly across the road from the Real Canadian Superstore and near the TD Bank. Their website does have directions to help. There doesn't appear to be gluten free options on the menu; but you may have to check with the staff. To conclude a nice place to have a tasty Japanese dinner at a reasonable price and lots of selection for vegetarians.