See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2017

This was our 3rd time staying at the Chilcoot over the years. We have been to SilverStar many times and have found this hotel to be perfect for us (mostly because a 1 bedroom unit has a Queen and bunk and so we don't have to pay for 2 rooms).

Yes, it is an ancient building but we are there to ski and it has everything we want. The location is perfect as it is 30 seconds from the main drag and the ski runs. Full kitchen, decent sized room, fairly quiet except for our room, my kids are loud!

If you haven't been to SilverStar, you should try it. The lift lines will kill you because there are none so you will get very very tired. All the Aussies working there are super friendly and make everything fun. The mountain is big enough for avid skiers (like my family) to fill their boots with black diamond runs of all kinds but small enough that you can almost let your teenagers roam freely without fear of not seeing them for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

There were some attempts by the hotel to ensure we enjoyed our stay, such as new queen beds and bedding. But then the children's beds did not have suitable bedding at all and we had to request extra blankets. Unfortunately there were numerous other faults. The units were not self contained, although they were advertised as such. Some staff didn't care or make any effort. The decor was old, sofa uncomfortable and had sharp staples that scratched a wound into our child's hand. Although there are some attempts at improvement (new queen bed and bedding) the place needs a major overhaul.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Chilcoot Lodge is a perfect ski-in/ski-out location near heart of the Silver Star village. Easy walk to all the restaurants and shops and 10 feet from the front door the skis were on and ready to go. Rooms were a touch dated but very clean and very comfortable. The 1 bedroom configuration was perfect for our family of four, everyone got a real bed! Hotel staff/service was better than I have experienced in many 5 star hotels. Unfortunately we had an incedent where we caused some damage to the room, but the response from the hotel was professional and very reasonable. I think the true test of service is how things are handled when something goes wrong and the staff passed this test with exceptional service. Chilcoot is not a luxury hotel but overall it is probabally the best value on the mountain with clean comfortable accomodations, great service and a perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BornWithSkis
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Upon arrival at the Hotel we were very quickly Checked In by a very pleasant lady at the desk. We were there for a Wedding Reception so we just had time to drop our belongings in the room and carry on with other details. Later that evening we were ready to retire for the night when my husband said "What is that on the pillow?" I put my glasses on to discover we had a bed bug creature on the pillow. I immediately wrapped it in Kleenex for proof. I then called the Front Desk only to get a recording. I informed them of my findings and asked for someone to call us A.S.A.P. No One Called back. We then ripped things apart to see if we could find anything else. There was some small black marks along the seems of the mattress. It was a very long night to say the least.... Sleep was very minimal. Went to the desk in the morning to check out and i showed the lady at the desk what we found. She took it to the General Manager who happened to be there at the time. She had mentioned to him that we were the people that left the message about the bug. (A glass window to his office.) We seen him look at it, wrap it back up and come out to us and said, "So, what can we do for ya about this?" I just stood and stared at him..... He then said "How about pay half price for the room?" I immediately said, "How about NOTHING!" He then turned around to walk away and said just go. The lady at the desk looked up and said i'm not sure i heard him right so i will have to go check and see what he wants to do about this. Again watching her talk to him (thru the glass) he came back out of his office, looked up at me and signed with his arm and said "Just go"... The kind lady at the desk did up a Credit for our room and gave me a copy. He muttered something to the effect that this was a alot of fuss over ONE BUG! This General Manager never once gave an apology or returned our concerning phone message. We found this extremely Poor Customer Service and Poor Management skills. We found the ladies at the desk Very Nice. No we will never go back!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mthrmooseCanada1
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice room, the party decorated themselves. Decent size for about 75 people. Bar outside in the hallway, good idea so as not to interrupt speaches, etc. I had a nice red and when I went back for a second glass, she said "oh we only had half that bottle left..." and the rest was, well Copper Moon and not the nice Shiraz we were looking forward to, but that not as big a concern as the food. Food was absolutely terrible. Dry chicken, a whole dish that no-one could figure out what it was, tasted bland, some kind of pasta maybe? Not enough salt and pepper shakers on the tables, buns were hard as rock, could have broken a tooth. Everyone at our table complained of the same thing and I heard comments from others throughout the night. The desserts were great, coffee/tea not so great and not hot, and the cookies that were made and brought ourselves were fantastic. The plates sat on our table after we ate for more than a half hour before I finally brought my plate up to the food table and set it down...there was no way anyone was going back for seconds anyway. The salad looked about the only thing edible. Not impressed, don't recommend unless you specifically speak to the chef about flavor, freshness, and make them cook what you want...they may even need some recipes cause I think they may have been wingin it that night! Bar girl was really nice, about all I can say good. but my overall service rating has to be poor because I need it to reflect the banquet service, which was non-existent.

Room Tip: not sure about the rooms but I think my company liked their rooms. I am reviewing their poor banquet service.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family