“Birthday Family dinner”

Dorians Greek Taverna
Ranked #33 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dorian’s Greek Taverna is a restaurant located in downtown Vernon, B.C. The new owners invite all guests, previous and new to experience authentic Greek cuisine cooked to perfection by our new culinary-trained chef. We pride ourselves in providing freshly made meals served by our friendly and efficient serving staff. We do our best to ensure that you feel comfortable in our clean restaurant and inviting atmosphere. While our menus have been re-vamped and now easier to read, our menu items are more flexible and the prices have changed only minutely to meet the flexibility of the menu. A new feature to our menus is that we have wine pairings to indicate a perfect match of a dish and the wine. To our drink menu, we have added Dorian’s Cellar White Wines and Cellar Red Wines. In addition, besides our regular and popular Greek dessert, baklava, we have new homemade desserts every week. Come visit us; try our new wines and our authentic Greek cuisine.
Reviewed 29 January 2017

They had the tables set up and ready for the party to begin.
Lots of food for dinner and very tasty. Guitar player was an added bonus on Wednesdays.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We went to Dorians today for lunch. We like to go on a Friday as they have a calamari special that day. My husband really enjoys they way they prepare their calamari. No rubber rings here! I had the chicken souvlaki which is always delicious. The Greek salad was tasty with lots of tomatoes and cucumber. I never go to Dorians without having the baklava for dessert. It is the best I have had. It is prepared from scratch on site and you can tell. The restaurant is located in a heritage building in downtown Vernon.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

The server, Tannis, was welcoming and efficient. The Greek potatoes had just the right touch of lemon, the beef kabobs were wonderfully seasoned and the calamari was the tenderest I have ever had.

1  Thank hmaddex
Reviewed 11 November 2016

It had been a long while since I had gone for greek, so the hubs and I hit Dorians for lunch. He had a chicken kabob, and I had lamb chops, with mint sauce, of course! It was good, the service was great, and now I'm good for awhile. So much on the menu I wold have also liked to get some of, but you can only eat so much!! Next time, calamari!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We arrived at 5 pm on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was not busy but did get busy as the evening wore on. The restaurant prepared a special for the evening - lamb. We found the lamb to be ok but over cooked as it was "not fall off the bone juicy". Service was ok however I think the servers were overworked. As we were not in a hurry this was not a concern.