“Amazing food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Matisse
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 25
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wharf Street
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have eaten t Matisse 3 times. The food is unbelievable. I recommend doing the Prix Fixe with wine pairing. This is the best restaurant in Victoria hands-down.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank Einsteincat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Victoria, B.C.
“C'est Bon!! Phenomenal! Best in Victoria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had never been to Matisse in the 22 years I've lived in Victoria, until my son (a chef in Vancouver) bought me a gift certificate for Christmas! Our server who appeared to be the owner made my husband feel right at home (a feat in itself). We ordered the 3 course menu with wine pairings (We both recommend), the owner entertained us with his vast knowledge of wine and food...the evening went quickly and we felt like we just had dinner with friends! To the few folks who complained about not being wished a happy anniversary or birthday...stop your whinning...most people are celebrating a special occasion there! My husband still tells people about our experience at Matisse! It might be pricey, well worth it, we'll be back! Sorry I never visited sooner!

Visited January 2012
5 Thank Lise H
Orcas WA.
“Just visited Victoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I spent the last 3 days sampling Victoria's restaurants and found Matisse to lead the way in service and food. The halibut specials were excellent - flavorful and tender. The creme brulee was tops in taste and presentation. A must visit for any trip.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank hgregg
victoria
“You will be treated like Royalty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

If you blinked you'd miss this jewel! This was our 2nd time to this restaurant. We had our meal with the wine pairings (recommend) our server was the owner and he was charming, very knowledgable and funny! (which makes for a great evening!)
Our guest thought it was the best dining experience. For a special occasion I recommend it....warning bring a credit card...it can be expensive but well worth the prices!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Linda B
Vancouver, BC
“Our favourite in Victoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is our favourite restaurant in Victoria when we have a lot of time to really enjoy a meal. It isn't quite a five star restaurant but it is as close as restaurants in Victoria get. The owner is very solicitous and works hard to ensure that you enjoy your experience. Suggested wine pairings are usually very reliable.

• Visited November 2011