“Yummy dim sum”

Ranked #257 of 1,271 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Come enjoy a delectable creation at Golden City Restaurant. Discover a menu featuring wonton soup and chow mein, priced at 11$ to 25$ and experience their casual ambiance. They provide parking. You can get there not only by car but also by bicycle and can pay by American Express, Interac, MasterCard and Visa. Appreciate your meal at home thanks to their delivery service.
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We went there spur of the moment for dim sum and it was delicious. Important to note that there is pay parking at the side of the restaurant. We drove around for quite awhile looking for parking!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

So we cheated this was a recommend from the hotel. One of my daughters really wanted a simple straight forward non fancy yet tasty Chinese. I asked the hotel concierge who in turn asked a couple of his Chinese colleagues.

On a 14 day trip the meal we had at Golden City was rated the number 1 meal by my 3 kids (aged 16,14,12). We all ate way too much, I insisted we had to walk back to our hotel on the longest route I could find.

Wonderful simple and v v tasty. I would want this restaurant to be able to deliver to me back in Europe

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I find this restaurant is very expensive yet their food isn't worthy of the prices they charge. So disappointing! We have gone for Dim Sum in the past and that was better. Wish the Chinese Food restaurants in Victoria would eat in Richmond to see what good Chinese Food should taste like. Won't go back for dinner here. Will continue my search for good Chinese Food in Victoria.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Favourite location in town for dim sum. Better and cheaper than the other famous dim sum place in town. Happy to accommodate large groups and even made us specialty dishes that weren’t on the menu. The only problem is that it’s all so good you order too much!!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Cantonese style cuisine without much spice. Our dishes were competently prepared but lacked much flavor. The only dessert was tapioca. Bathrooms were clean and service was pleasant. Certainly an adequate dinner.