“Fantastic Crab And Seafood Dinner”

Blue Crab Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Crab Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,246 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 47
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: James Bay
Cross street: Montreal Street
Description: Frommer's International Guide calls the Blue Crab Seafood House, the "best seafood spot in Victoria". Blue Crab Seafood House has earned a reputation for excellence in seafood and West Coast Cuisine. The daily specials take advantage of the local catches for the freshest of ingredients. With an Ocean View from every table that is impossible to beat! Featuring Local Dungeness Crab & Giant King Crab. Very Celiac Friendly. Winner of the 2005 People's Choice Award and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2003 to 2012, the Blue Crab Seafood House offers a wide selection of Vancouver Island, BC, Pacific Northwest, and new world wines, including a selection of both favourites and hard to find wines. The lounge offers a casual atmosphere to go along with its menu.
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My wife, daughter and I were sent to the Blue Crab Seafood House by the concierge at our hotel. My wife declared the dinner her best ever. Each of us tried a different crab plate, King Crab, Crab combo and Surf and Turf. We each received more crab than expected, cooked to perfection. The waiter was polite, courteous and helpful. When needed he was on the spot to help crack those claws on the King Crab. Our table was on the window, with a nice view of the harbor and view of the seaplanes taking off. Highly recommended.

2  Thank James M

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The breakfast menu at this facility was great. Every morning for one week we selected something off the menu, service and food were great. Service was perfect, even when they were very busy. We stayed at another facility that lacked restaurant facilities. The view from the dinning room was wonderful, the Bay is right outside the window. They also have a nice walking path from the hotel downtown.

2  Thank Jon1054
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Good meal and good selection. Service good. As the evening passed the lighting became darker and darker beyond what was needed for atmosphere - by the end of the evening, seeing one's food was difficult.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We were in this restaurant for lunch. The service was very good: the waiters were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent: tasty and beautifully served. The place is cozy and has stunning views of the harbor. Very pleasant atmosphere and reasonable prices for such quality of food.

1  Thank Karina A
Reviewed 16 May 2017

My wife and I went there for lunch. The waitress came by as soon as we sat down to take drink orders. We decided to just have water. She came back in about 15 minutes. My wife ordered the steak sandwich medium rare and I ordered 2 piece halibut and chips. The food arrived in about 15 minutes.The steak was cut into 2 pieces, one piece was well done and the other piece was medium. She also had to ask for a steak knife. According to the menu, the steak sandwich was supposed to come with onion rings. There were none. The steak itself was dry, even the piece that was cooked medium. I estimated my 2 pieces of halibut to be 3 oz and 2 oz each. The slaw was terrible. The bill came to $54 plus tax and tip. We could get the same food at Denny's for half the price.

1  Thank eschan
Niky A, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Blue Crab Seafood House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your review. I am disappointed to know that your dining experience was not enjoyable. Our team strives to not only meet but also to exceed guest expectations. This is of the highest priority to us as we like to create a memorable experience every time. This is definitely not consistent with the level of service we provide.
I have shared your comments with the culinary and the service team; we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Blue Crab to make amends. I encourage you to email me directly at n.ahluwalia@coasthotels. com if you have any additional feedback.
Thank you.