“Mostly happy”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 26
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Meals were generally good. I enjoyed my falafel burger but my salad was past its prime. I should have sent it back. The cucumber and carrots were dried out and the lettuce brown. The deck was nice and breezy after a very hot day. The service was ok.

1  Thank Mari Anne H
KatherineMMurphy, Manager at The Pub at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi Mari Anne H,

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our patio - it really is prime at this time of year. Please accept my apologies that we served you a side salad that should not have gone back. I will happily speak with our kitchen as well as our food running staff about this.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Went there for lunch while we stayed their. Fish and chips were outstanding. Large portions, great fries. My wife loved their margaritas (had 2 for lunch). Great food and fair prices.

1  Thank ButchBellingham_WA

Dear ButchBellingham_WA,

Thank you for the kind feedback. We love our fish and chips too! We look forwards to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

There is no denying that the patio at the Brentwood Bay Pub is gorgeous,but the service and food did not match up. My friend and I were told to take a seat anywhere we felt comfortable. Upon sitting down we didn't have a single person come up to us for at least 20 minutes. It was a busy lunch so we understood the servers were busy but a simple, "hello we will be right with you" would have helped us in feeling welcome.

Upon ordering our food, our first course of mussels were filled with little bits of shells and seaweed. I understand that when eating seafood this is a chance you take, and our server was more then accommodating when we decided they weren't something we were enjoying. Our second course of beet and goat cheese salads with add 'tiger prawns' was o.k. The salad itself was delicious but the 'tiger prawns' were not the large succulent prawns I was eagerly expecting (especially for the price of $7 to add on to salad) but a handful of shrimp a tad bigger then a baby shrimp.

All in all, after an $80 dollar lunch for two people we would expect a little more from this establishment.

The one good thing I can say is our waitress was very lovely when she was serving us, and was the one positive of the experience. Although by the looks of how busy it was management might want to think of hiring extra staff so they don't over work their employees.

1  Thank Shelby D
Caitlin P, Food & Beverage Leader at The Pub at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Shelby D,

Glad to hear you enjoy our patio as much as we do!

We are a hotspot for both locals and tourists, so I can certainly appreciate your perception that we are understaffed; we do recognize how hard our staff work, especially during the busy, hot summer months. I am glad that your server was able to improve your experience despite the mishaps. I also hope that she was able to pass on your feedback about the mussels and prawns to the kitchen team. We have recently spoken to our entire serving team about ensuring all of our guests are acknowledged, and I am confident that you will see an improvement should you return!

Warm regards,
Caitlin

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We just had a light lunch of Caesar salads but they were good enough that we will go back for more courses.

1  Thank Ken M
KatherineMMurphy, Manager at The Pub at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Ken M,

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed yourself and look forwards to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The view and location are marvelous but the food should be better for the prices charged. Butter chicken seemed to have been from a jar with some veggies thrown in and a wee bit of chicken on top. The staff are very friendly but are super busy when the place is full, which it nearly always is on a sunny day. Wait times on the long side, which wouldn't be bad if the food was better.

1  Thank McDoug
KatherineMMurphy, Manager at The Pub at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear McDoug, we very much want you to like us too. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, as we genuinely strive to constantly better ourselves. Our Butter Chicken is not from a jar, but I will certainly pass onto our kitchen that it is not as full of flavour as you wished that it was. We are always delighted to hear that the staff are very friendly, even when busy, as personal service is something that we pride ourselves on. We hope to see you again soon, and that we are able to live up to what you want us to be.