“Handled our large group well!”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We were fourteen, ten adults and four youngsters. We had a large, long table suitable for a group our size. Sure you had to get up and move around a little bit to visit but how else could that happen.
The service was good and timely. I had the lamb shank. It came with gravy while I would have preferred and asked for mint sauce. Sadly they had none. My wife had the ribs and remarked they were tasty. Salads were all good. I heard only compliments about the food and the kids sure enjoyed their deserts after they had eaten their mains (lamb shank included). Key lime pie was the definite favourite!
My nephew picked up the bill so I can't really comment on the costs/value although my recollection from scanning the menu was the prices were right what we expected.
All in all a good experience. It was the second time we had visited the area and dined there. I would have no reservations about returning.
The local stout (can't recall the name) was very good and one of the best I have tried offered by a craft brewery.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Beach House Restaurant

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The view and decor are spectacular, however the meal was extremely dissapointing. I ordered the crab and seafood benny, and both the crab cakes and potato side were deep fried. It totally overpowered the whole dish making me feel ill. My husband ordered the chorizo skillet and it arrived with only 3 chunks of meat, the odd veggie and the rest those same deepfried potatoes.
I just have to say...thank goodness for the great view.

2  Thank Sunseeker250
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Beach House restaurant is one of our favourites. We were recently there for a special occasion. I routinely have wonderful experiences and perfectly cooked meals. The view is one of the best in the area. Views from the restaurant offer a perfect view of the ocean, San Juan islands and on a clear day Mt Baker.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We each ordered the seafood chowder and shared a bowl of steamed mussels.

When the server brought us the chowder I thought she had messed up our orders and brought us the soup of the day (ham and potato). This is hands down THE worst seafood chowder I have had in my life. The majority of the watery mush consisted of tasteless chucks of overcooked potatoes. I had a couple of small pieces of salmon and two mussels.

A can of Campbell's is 10 times better than this.

I quickly went on to TA to see what other people stated about the chowder and the first one that popped up was spot on with our experience. Water potatoes, overcooked, underseasoned.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!

DO NOT ORDER THE CHOWDER!

The mussels were well cooked and juicy and the broth was quite nice.

1  Thank jameson m
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Had a reservation by the window and enjoyed about an hour of daylight before dark. Day light or darkness this place has an incredible spot for the view over the water. The Restaurant is very good. Excellent service, good value. Pretty nice decor. Stop by you will enjoy.