1,485 results
All reviews the concierge lounge great location corner room empress hotel self park within walking distance butchart gardens higher floor steam room hotel restaurant few blocks comfortable beds very nice hotel i highly recommend this hotel bc museum great room government street
Reviewed 22 August 2018

If you take the ferry from Vancouver with the bus to the inner harbor, the hotel is about a block from the Capital City Station, an easy walk. The hotel is centrally located and very convenient to the inner harbor and walking distance to all the activity one would desire. The hotel is underwent a lobby renovation so it has a fresh feel to it. The check was fast and easy. The room did not disappoint and was large having two queen size beds. The room was as comfortable as one would expect of an upscale Marriott. Internet was included. The air conditioning was super quiet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Fortunately we stayed one night, which given the construction going on in the main lobby area was certainly enough. It was confusing checking in, and arriving a few hours early, we didn't get a room till the stated 4 PM check in. The concierge was helpful and steered us to a few places to eat & spend time. Due to a booked tour, we left our bags checked & when we came to retrieve them, it took almost 40 min to get them back! The employees are nice enough & helpful; but the confusion created by the construction really took away from the experience & I think lead to mis communication amongst them at times. If it wasn't for the concierge & the room quality, I'd give this two stars.... but the room was clean, nice view & the staff tried their best despite noise and disruption.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SRoughley, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We are presently in the process of renovating and transformation of our lobby area. We are very excited about this transformation and beautification. We do apologize for some service delays with luggage and noise disruption. We truly appreciate the recognition of our associates and guestroom quality. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Victoria.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We planned a last minute overnight trip to Victoria so our priority was to find a hotel with a location that allowed us to see as many sights as possible in a short time. The Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour was perfect. It is located on a quiet street with lovely water/mountain views. We were minutes from the harbour, Government Street, the Royal BC Museum, Bay Street for historic shops and restaurants. We felt we were in the heart of the city and could easily have walked around for days. The Marriott was clean and quiet and the staff was helpful with organizing our short stay. The lobby has been updated recently and we were a little let down that our room on the 15th floor was a bit dated but it was absolutely clean and comfortable and the views from the room and our balcony were stunning. We paid a bit extra to gain access to the concierge level on the 16th floor which provided equally stunning views opposite of our room and allowed us to eat a quick breakfast (eggs, baked goods, a bit of fresh fruit was offered, yogurt, coffee) before our day began and they offered dessert and drinks in the evenings (M-F).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The bellman who took our bags up on the first day was older but very helpful and friendly. Our room was nice but I thought the furniture looked tired. The pool was very nice and we enjoyed it more than once. The concierge lounge staff were very friendly and I enjoyed the food and the ability to work up there. The housekeeping was amazing. Every day by the time I came back from breakfast my room was made up. My issue was the room keys. I don’t know if there was a day that I wasn’t lined upntrxong to get new keys because they didn’t work. I know I wasn’t the only one with this problem because I heard a man demanding to see the general manager one morning because of the key situation. I hope when they are renovating that they do some serious renovations in the elevators and room decor.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the feedback. We do apologize for the challenges with your guestroom keys. We are in the process of upgrading and transformation our lobby and other areas. Thank you for recognizing our associates and will definitely communicate this to the concierge and housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Victoria on a future visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada at the Marriott. The hotel is very close to the dock area with its many restaurants and bars. A 5 minute walk away from the Parliament building which is beautifully illuminated at night as well as the museum.
The rooms are extremely well appointed and have free wifi. The concierge, Ben, was extremely helpful in making a report to police regarding my wife’s phone being stolen from Butchart Gardens. He also helped us find a doctor and booked a cab for us.
The ensuite seemed brand new and was spacious and luxurious. The beds were very comfortable. There was a writing desk and comfy chair. The room had a refrigerator and coffee maker.
We had a look at the Fairmont Empress around the corner and found its main advantage was the impressive facade but no better inside than the Marriott.
Next time I stay in Victoria,BC, I will stay at the Marriott. 8 out 10.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple