“Dinner with friends”

The Clay Pigeon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Table for six. Restaurant was busy, staff were very helpful. Food was delicious. Word of warning if you have seed allergies all their buns (except for GF option) have seeds. Staff were accommodating and offered GF adding if I'd called ahead to say I had a seed allergy they would have popped out to get me an alternative. How good is that!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Around the corner from our rental place. Small neighborhood spot. Ordered the vegetarian curry which was amazing! Kids had the three cheese grilled cheese with added maple bacon. Forgot the maple bacon, came out separately. The grilled cheese was fantastic according to the kids, but the bacon was not crispy. Hubby had the pulled pork sandwich which was very tasty as well. Would recommend.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Out for dinner pre-opera with friends. Two of us had the pork chop special, which was very tasty but a huge amount of food. Might try to share next time. My husband had the vegetable curry, which he found bland. The service was prompt and friendly. Things were fine until we were almost done when my friend noticed a diner being told that they only accept US $ at par. Since the man only had American money, he had no choice. My friend was so outraged at what he saw as a blatant cash grab that he leapt up and swapped $25 Canadian for the guy's $20 American. Also, new chairs should be a priority here or at least a little padding on those they have.

1  Thank trips2830
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Let me start by saying I just love the food at this restaurant. It is delicious and innovative. I also love that they have Prosecco on tap...yes, really! The only negative I have is the chair. The worst chairs ever! They are hard and really uncomfortable to sit at for a leisurely dinner. Please, please, please get chairs with cushions or padding and I will then give you 5 stars!!

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Had the smoked tuna entree and was very pleased. The homemade slaw was excellent. The sticky rice was ok. Tuna was good quality. Service was friendly. Good place to try for some variety while in Victoria.