“Really good food”

The Clay Pigeon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Out for dinner pre-opera with friends. Two of us had the pork chop special, which was very tasty but a huge amount of food. Might try to share next time. My husband had the vegetable curry, which he found bland. The service was prompt and friendly. Things were fine until we were almost done when my friend noticed a diner being told that they only accept US $ at par. Since the man only had American money, he had no choice. My friend was so outraged at what he saw as a blatant cash grab that he leapt up and swapped $25 Canadian for the guy's $20 American. Also, new chairs should be a priority here or at least a little padding on those they have.

1  Thank trips2830

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Let me start by saying I just love the food at this restaurant. It is delicious and innovative. I also love that they have Prosecco on tap...yes, really! The only negative I have is the chair. The worst chairs ever! They are hard and really uncomfortable to sit at for a leisurely dinner. Please, please, please get chairs with cushions or padding and I will then give you 5 stars!!

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Had the smoked tuna entree and was very pleased. The homemade slaw was excellent. The sticky rice was ok. Tuna was good quality. Service was friendly. Good place to try for some variety while in Victoria.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

I had fairly high expectations and unfortunately was let down by a series of events that led to my lunch being of the dried out, over cooked and inedible variety.

My husband and daughter enjoyed their grilled cheese bennys but we did have a long wait.
The menu is great and the passion for food is apparent.

I feel this place has likely had great services where they knock it out of the park, this just wasn't one of them.

We aren't in Victoria often enough to give it another chance anytime soon but we will likely find ourselves enjoying housemade apple fritters again.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Had Sunday brunch here recently with a friend. Service was wonderful and the food was delicious. Great alternative to the long lines at Blue Fox and others.