“Best burger in Victoria”

bin 4 burger lounge
Ranked #47 of 1,216 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harris Green
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I had one of there bison burgers, after hearing everyone talk about bin 4 at my work for weeks on end. I have to say it was one, if not the best burger I've had in Victoria. Very fresh and healthy. They also have gluten free buns.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Arriving at 11:30 for lunch, we (party of 3) got the last available table - actually, the end of a long communal bar-height table which turned out to be fun. Watching the great looking plates coming from the kitchen, we made decisions, then changed them; everything looked interesting. We settled on the dirty bourbon burger, a lamb burger, and a tofu burger - all with interesting toppings and sides. The onion rings (thick, panko-crusted) were the best I've had...ever?? And the fries are wonderful too. Friendly, helpful service and a cozy but comfortable room. Can't wait to go back and explore more of the menu.

1  Thank SophiagoestoItaly2
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Ate here in February 2012 and had the blackened blue cheese burger and a side salad. The burger was the best I have had in Victoria so far. The individual ingredients were top quality. The burger tasted great, was not greasy and had an excellent bun. Lots of burgers to choose from on the menu and the staff were very helpful. I didn't have the fries but they looked good. The restaurant is somewhat small and was packed for lunch. Service time was good considering how bust it was and my burger and salad came to about $15.00.
If you are on a quest for the best burger, try this place and see where it rates for you.
Will also be checking out Big Wheel burger and fat Burger in the future.

1  Thank Chris_T_BC
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Several new burger places have opened in Victoria lately. This one suits us. High-quality burgers in a reasonably classy room at fair prices. You can reserve, which is not possible at another newish burger place in town. You may have to sit at the bar if you don't reserve; we did and it was fine. There are two TVs over the bar but the sound is off. Music plays but isn't intrusive.

My wife had the regular burger, I had the bison variant. Both were excellent. Top-class fries. Some good beer choices - several local brews on tap and there's always a guest beer from a local craft brewery.

Free parking usually available nearby. Good value for money; we'll go again.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hip new burger spot opened in Nov, 2011 and is regularly packed (which I take to be a good sign). Lots of house made burger choices with an emphasis on top quality ingredients.

Taking my servers recommendation I ordered January's special - Bin 96 "The Bison Burger". This beauty had a 6oz Peace River bison patty with 5yr aged cheddar, crispy fried onion strings and the house's roasted jalapeno, lime & tomatillo hot sauce. Completed with butter lettuce, tomato and jalapeno aioli it was delicious with just enough zing.

Being a lamb lover my partner had two choices and opted for the Bin 47 "My Big Fat Greek Burger" with a 6 oz Peace Country lamb patty, olive tapenade, oregano yogurt, feta cheese, butter lettuce, tomato & red onion. Judging by her reluctance to share I know it must have been outstanding!

Burgers run between $10-$15 and come with outstanding fries (with house dips) or mixed green salad. For a small surcharge you can sub onion rings or a specialty salad. I opted for the Almond Praline Blue Cheese salad with crisp apple and was not disappointed. I would be remiss if I didnt comment on the quality of the buns. It's clear that food quality is of the utmost importance and no detail is ignored.