“Our favorite home away from home.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolia Hotel And Spa

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Victoria, Canada
“Our favorite home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have always stayed at the Magnolia when visiting Victoria. It is a small, very friendly and comfortable place to stay. Excellent service and comfort.

Room Tip: Love the top 2 floors with the fireplace and view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Magnolia; I had booked early on the web using the 30/30 plan....30% off/30 days in advance....quite a decent deal if it works for you. I had a corner room and I found it spacious and very nicely appointed. In general the hotel is beautifully maintained and has an ideal location in old town Victoria. The management and staff were very welcoming and accomodating, making an early arrival possible for an early check-in. The included continental breakfast had a nice variety of options...buffet style. Aveda toiletries were a welcome touch, too.

Room Tip: 30/30 plan
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thanks for the kind review and feedback from your stay Roger!

The 30%/ 30 Day advance rate ("30/30") is indeed a very popular rate for those planning their dates in advance.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this value and had a wonderful visit in your corner room!

Thanks again for the great feedback.
If I can be of personal assistance at any time in booking a return visit,
please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com

Best Wishes,

The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at Magnolia for 3-nights. The front desk personal were very helpful with dinning recommendations, offered us umbrellas when it was raining and genuinely cared about our experience at the hotel and our vacation. Our room was perfect and the hotel location is great. We will stay at the Magnolia again and reccomend it to all our friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

There are so many great things to say about this hotel that it's hard to say anything bad about it. Location right in the heart of downtown Victoria and close to shopping and fine restaurants, the room with a large comfy bed and bath with soaker tub, the cleaning staff who always greeted me with a smile and asked how my day was wherever i was in the hotel. the complimentary breakfast was one of the highlights, great variety and very delicious, served in a very warm and nice setting but on the very last day upon checkout, there were 3 hotel staff behind the front desk, none of whom, smiled, asked how my stay was or botherd to help me with my luggage to my ride to airport. i have recently stayed at luxury hotels in new york and california and the other two atleast got that part right.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear PaulTraveler,

Thank you for your recent visit with us at The Magnolia Hotel & Spa, and for taking the time to share your review,

I am very glad to see that your overall stay was very good, and "almost perfect". I do sincerely apologize however at your departure experience, and the impact this had on your visit.

I have forwarded my personal contact information via private message and hope we can be in touch further, and welcome you back again for an entirely perfect stay.

Thank you again for staying with us at The Magnolia Hotel & Spa.

orcas island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

For our 9th anniversary, we wanted to return to Victoria, where we had our honeymoon, so I did quite a bit of research on hotels in the area. The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is rated #2 of all hotels, and after reading the reviews, I decided to book a stay there. We were not disappointed. Reviews are right on - rooms are beautiful and spotless. Bed - so, so comfortable. We took a nap an hour after we arrived, and we don't usually nap during the day! The room was n the 5th floor, high up enough to get a nice view of the inner harbor, and we enjoyed people watching. The hotel very thoughtfully had a box of chocolates and a nice card waiting in the room in honor of our anniversary.

We can't say enough about the service at the Magnolia. Every single contact we made with the staff was friendly, courteous, and efficient. We ended up ordering room service both nights, because we loved our room that much! Food was very good, and big portions. I wanted to tip the server who brought us our dinner, and he went out of his way to remind me that I was already tipping on the bill!

Overall, we had a spectacular anniversary and I can say absolutely that we will never stay anywhere else when in Victoria.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank poppiesyarn
Dear Poppiesyarn,

Thank you so much for such a lovely and detailed review of your recent visit.
I'm so pleased that you had such a nice anniversary visit, and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

The Magnolia Hotel & Spa,