“Best Hotel in Victoria, hands down...”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
orcas island
“Best Hotel in Victoria, hands down...”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

For our 9th anniversary, we wanted to return to Victoria, where we had our honeymoon, so I did quite a bit of research on hotels in the area. The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is rated #2 of all hotels, and after reading the reviews, I decided to book a stay there. We were not disappointed. Reviews are right on - rooms are beautiful and spotless. Bed - so, so comfortable. We took a nap an hour after we arrived, and we don't usually nap during the day! The room was n the 5th floor, high up enough to get a nice view of the inner harbor, and we enjoyed people watching. The hotel very thoughtfully had a box of chocolates and a nice card waiting in the room in honor of our anniversary.

We can't say enough about the service at the Magnolia. Every single contact we made with the staff was friendly, courteous, and efficient. We ended up ordering room service both nights, because we loved our room that much! Food was very good, and big portions. I wanted to tip the server who brought us our dinner, and he went out of his way to remind me that I was already tipping on the bill!

Overall, we had a spectacular anniversary and I can say absolutely that we will never stay anywhere else when in Victoria.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank poppiesyarn
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Poppiesyarn,

Thank you so much for such a lovely and detailed review of your recent visit.
I'm so pleased that you had such a nice anniversary visit, and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa,
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our 2-night stay at the Magnolia Hotel and Spa in April 2012 was everything we hoped for. This is a lovely boutique hotel that is quiet, warm, comfortable and centrally located within easy walking distance to many key sites. We arrived quite early (before noon), but they efficiently accommodated our early check in without hesitation. Our room didn't have the sweeping view of the harbor (just a peek), but I also didn't select that option when I booked. The room was impeccably clean and the website photos depict true images. It is obvious that attention to details is important to the staff. The room was tastefully decorated with textured wall paper in muted tones, matted picture frames and beveled glass and mirrors. The bed was very comfortable with luxurious linens and down duvet. The bathroom had a separate soaking tub, the kind you can really lay back comfortably and say "ahhhh". The tub even had arm platforms to easily hold a book to read while you soak. There were plenty of Aveda products for the bathroom. The attached restaurant provided us with a VERY memorable and delicious meal. We each ordered the filet with peppercorn brandy cream sauce. It was the most delicious dinner I can ever recall having! The service and atmosphere were excellent. We went there for lunch as well on our last day and were equally satisfied. I recommend taking a tour to Butchard Gardens, with breathtaking grounds to walk around. If you are into 19th century history, I also suggest taking the tour of Craigdarroch Castle. It is a landmark house museum about a 40-minute walk from the hotel, but well worth it to see the intricate woodwork, stained glass, and Victorian era furnishings. The castle has amazing views of Victoria from the 4th floor tower. A must see. When we return to Victoria we will certainly book with Magnolia again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Magnolia Hotel for work - have stayed there a few times before - and this time I was even more impressed with the amazing service! The staff were great, coming out with umbrellas (it was really raining!), helping to find parking spots, delivering room service and being patient when I didn't answer the door right away! The service is just consistently far superior to almost anywhere else I have stayed. I also really like the lounge area in the lobby, with newspapers and coffee always available, and of course the free breakfast is amazing. Great service, great location, great value, great hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel with my son for two nights and was impressed! My first impression when driving up to the hotel was reserved, but that quickly changed when I was greeted at my door with someone to help me with my bags and to give me information regarding parking options. ( twenty dollars/day for valet with unlimited in/out privileges ) The staff at the front desk were both friendly and efficient . I was greeted warmly each time I entered or left the hotel. The room was roomy, clean and comfortable. The extra touches of chocolates ( both dark and milk), fresh apples ,bottled water, cozy robes and slippers made me feel welcome and happy! The beds were comfortable with lovely feather duvets and lots of pillows. I also appreciated the fridge and safe that were available in the rooms. The bathroom was clean with a full tub and shower and had many extras including a: mending kit, vanity kit, shoe cloth and lovely soap and shower products.

The location was also good- close to lots of restaurants , shops, and sights. I was able to walk to a lot of the places I wanted to see.

The next time I am in Victoria I will be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MrsSJF
Vancouver
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Such a lovely boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown Victoria. The staff was attentive and gracious. Nice little touches like fresh fruit, water chocolates and turn down service. I took my daughters to the spa after the complimentary continental breakfast - it is remodelled and wonderful and the hotel gave us a late checkout to accommodate our appointments.
We will be back!