“Comfy beds and spa bliss!”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Such a lovely boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown Victoria. The staff was attentive and gracious. Nice little touches like fresh fruit, water chocolates and turn down service. I took my daughters to the spa after the complimentary continental breakfast - it is remodelled and wonderful and the hotel gave us a late checkout to accommodate our appointments.
We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel And Spa

Reviewed 19 April 2012

After a long run of stays at chain hotels I decided to give a boutique hotel a try this week. Thanks to my Tripadvisor friends for recommending this property. I stayed for one night on business.

If you need something in downtown Victoria you really can't go wrong with the Magnolia. The hotel is well appointed, incredibly clean and has very friendly staff. The front desk was very efficient and helpful and the room was spotless. The bed was not the best ever but still very comfortable with a good selection of pillows. The bathroom has a shower stall and a tub. I can't stress enough how clean the room was. I didn't opt for a view room so i can't speak to that.

The location is great if you need to access anything downtown. I lucked out and got street parking right outside the front door which was free until the next morning at 9am. So, I didn't have to pay the $20 valet fee.

On the down side I found the HVAC system to be a bit disappointing. There was a noticeable squealing/ratlting noise from the fan. I need the noise when I sleep so it did bother me a bit. Also, the ironing board was pretty bad. The cover was worn and quite wrinkled and I gave up on trying to fold the thing. This sounds trivial but when you need to press a shirt for business it's so much better to have quality tools.

Overall it was a great stay. You can get a good discount on the room if you are a CPSA member. If you travel a lot,even if you're not in sales, then the price of a membership more than pays for itself in hotel discounts.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel following your recent visit AA_Delta,

I appreciate all of the kind feedback about your visit and am glad we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. I do appreciate your corresponding with me as well following your visit and so that we could ensure the deficiencies in your visit are rectified.

Thank you again for choosing The Magnolia Hotel & Spa

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Really loved this hotel, was sorry we only stayed one night in Victoria. The staff was very welcoming and friendly; needed a room w/ 2 beds, but first room we checked into had only one; staff immediately got us into another room, equally nice. Furnishings were very comfortable, best hotel robe I have ever used! Breakfast was very good, lots of choices, nice service. We booked a massage, manicure and pedicure at the spa -- all were wonderful; wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy this great hospitality. The location is perfect, easy walking distance to restaurants and shops; went for a run around the harbor in the morning, weather was perfect, probably the most picturesque 5K I've ever run.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed as a family in August 2011 for 4 nights towards the end of our British Columbia toruing holiday. We found the hotel to be in the perfect location for touring and sightseeing in the Victoria area. The staff at breakfast were very good, and offered tips and guidance on how to make the most of our stay in the area (i.e. take a towel if you visit Butchart Gardens for the fireworks to reserve yourself a good place on the lawn as it gets quite crowded). As for the breakfast there was a great selection of hot and cold options to choose from and we certainly didn't want for any more. I have personally stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure and I can honestly say that the Magnolia was one of the best. Good value. Good service. Good quality. Good location. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We chose a corner room for our first visit and had an amazing view of the harbour and watched the seaplanes and ferries from the cozy chairs by the window.The hotel is in the perfect spot for walking to all of the best restaurants and tourist( want-to-sees) The turn down service ,with yummy chocolates, fresh water and fruit, the morning breakfast, the on site restaurant made this one of our best get aways. We will definately go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple