“Best service of any hotel I know”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Toronto, Canada
“Best service of any hotel I know”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I love staying at the Magnolia! This stay was much too short because I had to catch a pre-dawn flight. As usual, the staff and many comforts made every minute count. With no time for breakfast, the thoughtful and clever staff put together a lovely little take-out box, which I enjoyed on the way to the airport. My only complaint about the Magnolia is that there is only one! I wish they would open others that are managed and staffed like this one. Vancouver would be a good place to start. My last Vancouver stay, at a place that was hugely hyped and wildly overpriced, featured cold and sleepless nights, remote and unwelcoming staff, and a manager who actually bawled me out for reporting the problems. I have never had any problems to report, at the Magnolia. I just keep telling everyone how wonderful it is. A friend sent me there. I kept coming back, and have had the pleasure of recommending it to others. They always come home smiling.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Go here. Anything your little heart desires, they manifest. But it's the way they do it -- like they really get a kick out of it! O, and the place is lovely, too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thanks for the great feedback Calgary Candis!
I'm thrilled you had a nice stay with us, and we really do get a kick out of spoiling our guest :)

We hope to see you back soon,

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My travel agent sent out e-mail requests for availability and price for an early check-in (10 or 11am) to three hotels in Victoria. The Magnolia telephoned back *immediately* and said, 'no problem, no charge for early check in, whenever he wants to arrive'. That got them the business!

I was surprised to find that the hotel building was not an old one; certainly inside it is decorated in a 'clubby' style - very cosy and comfortable.

The room was very comfortable and quite spacious. Front desk was friendly and efficient. Answers to questions about locations in Victoria were given quickly and fully.

I was a bit disappointed in the noise transmitted through walls. Whilst not ultimately a problem, once could hear conversations next door, although in this case it was probably a loud cell call.

No hesitation in going back to the magnolia next time I'm in Victoria.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
North Vancouver
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This little hotel is truly a "diamond". Centrally located, superior customer service always, cozy and comfortable rooms with Aveda bath products for a little bit of luxury away from home. Have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed.
Front desk staff are friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Views of the harbour are better than views of the parliament buildings.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynne C
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had a great 2-day stay here last week. I'm sure the photos of this hotel speak for themselves - the rooms and decor are very tasteful and elegant, and it's in a great location. What was exceptional about this stay was the helpfulness of one particular staff member, who went above and beyond to accommodate my dietary restrictions at the continental breakfast for both of the days that I stayed here. I approached him to ask about the dairy free/meat free options at the continental breakfast, of which were very limited. I hadn't anticipated being able to eat there to begin with, and thanked him and said I would go elsewhere, but he further inquired what it was that I was looking for, and what ingredients it would take to make it. He made me a fantastic dairy-free smoothie and was there again the next day to make my special breakfast again. His level of service further stands out because the second day before I saw him, I asked a different staff member who was in the breakfast room for a dairy free smoothie, and she replied that they didn't do smoothies/it wasn't possible. I've worked in the service industry myself, and I really appreciated the extra effort and willingness he made to ensure I started my day off right.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the harbour!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business