Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$ 274
US$ 246
Helm's Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
US$ 158
US$ 128
US$ 123
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 147/night.

Arbutus Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 247
US$ 231
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 257/night.

US$ 334
US$ 253
US$ 88
  • Breakfast included
US$ 257
US$ 241
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 269/night.

Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$ 193
US$ 174
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
US$ 394
US$ 362
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssun roomsitting roomold englishbeach drivewatch tvhuge tvhomemade muffinstwin roomeggs benedictclaw footheritage hometea coffeebed and breakfastevery morningbreakfast was deliciousresidential areaguest rooms
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Hi

I Just stayed at the oak bay guest house again this year and let me tell you it is just like coming home. Derek & Egle make us feel so at home we never want to leave. The food was great as always and the personal touches are to die for. It is because of this place that I will only do long stay's of one night or more in a B&B.

Jason&Marty

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My wife and I were invited to family wedding in Calgary, a city we've visited before. We thought why not fly to the coast while there, having never visited BC. Through Trip Advisor website we found the Oak Bay Guest House and were not disappointed!
We were not familiar with the area and came to rely on our hosts Egle and Derek to clue us in on what to do, where to go and how to get there by bus. They were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating and always available. For travellers having English as a second language having Egle as a host can make your stay that much more enjoyable as she speaks French, Lithuanian and can work her way through Spanish.
We found the guest house to be the perfect setting for us; it's comfortable and quiet and with enough character and charm to make our visit unique. It's larger than most B&Bs we've stayed in and older at 100 years. We felt that the style of the guest house suited the area well. It has maintained a Victorian feel with furnishings, artwork and decor from the period. There is an ornate stairway leading up to the second floor rooms that made me feel as though I was at my Grandmother’s home. In the main floor is a large sitting room with a fireplace perfect for a late night chat. Our room was clean and comfortable. We were given a key and the combination to the front door and felt we could come and go as we pleased.
We had breakfast in the dining room every morning, it was well presented and prepared with several selections that changed each day. I got more than enough to eat and was sent packing each day with a fresh muffin, in a bag, to tide me over till lunch. Something I hadn’t considered was that I found staying in a larger B&B means that there is always someone to talk to before setting off for the day, a great way to find out different things to see and do in the area.
A major part of Victoria's charm, for us, was its lushness. Everywhere it seems, folks are proud of their gardens and the guest house was no exception, they were beautiful! During our visit several guests were in Victoria on an art vacation and commented that they loved to sit in the garden and paint.
The location is good, the guest house is about 20 minutes from downtown Victoria and located right on the #2 bus line, buses run every half hour or so and cost about $2.50 per person, exact change is required. The ocean is about 2 blocks away and there is a nice restaurant at the marina and ample strolling through beautiful Oak Bay.

We would definitely return to Victoria and would not hesitate to stay at the Oak Bay Guest House again! I can easily recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

What a find!. our host egle and her staff of warm and efficient people, including the wonderful shirley made our stay for our son's wedding better than we could have dreamed of(the beds were fine with teddy bears guarding our room while we were away.) we stayed 4 nights and each breakfast offered two choices. one morning an asparagus quiche, another huevos rancheros with veggie chili, then salmon scramble and finally on our last morning, eggs benedict which allowed us to see how orange the egg yolks were. i think the hens probably ate marigolds. the offer of fruit cup(i had asked in a nice way if the fruit was fresh envisioning the fruit cup of our childhoods and was told yes. when it arrived, each component, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew balls, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi and fresh pineapple wedges were little jewels. best of all was the kind concern that we enjoy ourselves.
the shower and tub were immaculate and the water was hot hot hot. oh and the garden...a lovely spot to relax in when we could and the sun room equipped with many books, dvds, games was lovely and had it rained, we would have been happy to while away some time.
in short, do not miss this wonderful b&b.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Wonderful preserved old house/ hotel in Oak Bay, the upper class neighborhood in Victoria B.C. Canada. Beautiful rooms., all different, and a lovely breakfast.
We had a great time. Wim and Anja, Belgium

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2010

In mid December, my wife and I learnt that her sister and family (who have lived in Texas for the past 20 years) were visiting their mom in Oak Bay, Victoria over Christmas. Her sister, husband and three kids would stay with her mom. I decided the following week to surprise my family with a trip/reunion for Christmas after realizing that in the past 20 years that the families had never been together at the same time.

I quickly found the Oak Bay Bed and Breakfast on line. The only B&B in Oak Bay and just a five minute walk from her mom’s condo. The photos on the web site were very inviting and the location couldn’t have been more perfect. I called Egle on Dec 17 and told her of my last minute surprise. She was very understanding and quickly got back to me with space for the four of us (we have two teenagers) in the Oriental suite. We entered the Bed and Breakfast at mid night on Dec 25th. Egle, heard us come in and came up to direct us to the room and bid us seasons greeting.

First impressions, the house has a warm charming feeling about it. We quickly settled into our suite. It was perfect with two rooms joined by a walk through hall/closet with ample room for your clothing. The bedroom was very nice with a spotless en-suite. The sitting room had a comfortable pull out couch which was all made up and waiting for us. I was up at 6am the next morning. I got my computer and moved out to the main floor lounge (which was just outside our door) by the fire. Egle, provided me with an delicious cup of coffee, local paper and access to the free wireless internet. What more could you want!

We were greeted with friendly faces and a wonderful breakfast everyday. I would highly recommend the squirrely bread toast and home made marmalade. We just had to bring some of that marmalade back to Toronto. Our son and his cousin spent time in the upstairs common area which offers books, videos, TV and hot chocolate. There is ample parking in the driveway or alternatively on the road in this quiet part of Victoria. You can easily walk to the shops in Oak Bay or wander down to the Marina to feed the seals or take in the ocean vistas. We spent most days at their mom’s place or going downtown Victoria (which is 10-15 minutes by car or bus) to take in the sites, museums, shops and restaurants. Each day would end with a big family dinner and a pleasant walk back to our cozy suite at the Oak Bay B&B.

Egle and staff were continuously looking for ways to make our visit more comfortable and enjoyable. We really appreciate all their flexibility, efforts and generosity. It was nice to get to know Egle and Derrick during our short but memorable visit to their B&B. On Dec 31 we headed back to Toronto and the cold reality of winter in Ontario.

If you’re looking for a unique and special B&B experience we highly recommend the Oak Bay Bed and Breakfast in Victoria.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family