“Absolutely Perfect!”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Saint George, Utah
“Absolutely Perfect!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We just returned from a long road trip and spent three nights at the Royal Scot....we loved it! It was the perfect location in my opinion....just a short walk to the inner harbor and downtown. The hotel is in a residential-looking area and is just beautiful....perfect if you are traveling with a pet. The hotel staff was great....very friendly and helpful. We had a one-bedroom suite which was perfect....very large and we loved having a dining area and kitchen. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool and spa is very nice and there is also a game room and billard room. I highly recommend the Royal Scot...in my opinion, it is the perfect choice when visiting Victoria.

1 Thank 388lovetravelin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Royal Scot Hotel was very clean and comforable during our 4-day stay in Victoria. The hotel is conveniently located close to the Victoria Clipper and the downtown core. We walked to all of our destinations from the hotel and occasionally used the hotel's free shuttle service. Our suite was very clean - beds very comfortable and room fans to keep us cool! I would highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank TravelinLady_77
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was looking for something to accommodate a group of ladies for a bachelorette party for my daughter. It would be low key but I wanted to offer a place where those who would be drinking could sleep for the night. The Royal Scot was perfect. I explained to the reservation staff what I was looking for (said it was a reunion get together).

We got a large suite on the 4th floor (top floor) with a separate bedroom with king size bed, full living room, small dining room area & kitchen, plus balcony. This was the main room for the event. We were able to set up the table with our goodies & the kitchen worked well for blender drinks & warming appetizers. The living room offered plenty of seating for our games of pictionary & charades.

I also reserved an adjoining room with a king size bed which also had a balcony. The room was spacious and very comfortable. This additional room gave us extra space & a 2nd bathroom for the ladies.

The ice machine was down on the lower level and the elevators are a bit slow. We did not use the pool or gym facilities although they looked inviting. We did not use the dining room either. The front desk was very quick and courteous. Free wifi is a nice bonus. We had our parking fees waived which for this group was appreciated. You are close to everything downtown in Victoria. The black out curtains keeps the rooms totally dark! It was nice to wake up to the clip-clop of the horse drawn carriages starting their tourist rounds. The later check out is very nice!

I would totally recommend staying at this hotel. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, friendly & helpful service all at a reasonable price!

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a balcony, Not all rooms have this.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I had a suite with separate bedroom with the bathroom off that. It also had an equipped kitchen with a full sized fridge and a large lounge room. It was clean and comfortable but no balcony. The location was great as it was one street back from the waterfront and a 5 minute walk to the CBD with all its dining options. There was a convenience store and bottle shop across the road. I was there in May and they were planning a redecoration of the rooms. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2012

With my two sisters coming to visit me in northwest Washington, I wanted to make a special weekend trip to Victoria. I wanted all of us to stay together, so I researched suite hotels and found Royal Scot Suites. We were very impressed with the rooms - we had a one bedroom suite with an adjoining Queen bedroom and bath - just the perfect space for us. The location was great. We parked in a secure, underground garage and then just walked everywhere - even to Chinatown. When we got tired of walking, the shuttle was almost instantly available. I highly recommend this hotel.