“Good place to stay”

Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stay here couple of times per year during our training and visits to Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary. Convinient location, great rooms, friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
IanJones-GM, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Mr. Kessler,

Thank you very much for your feedback; I am happy to hear from a guest who frequents our Hotel often, because as I said before, this is true test of our standard levels of service and our consistency of service.

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed our great location, rooms and service, most of all our service, as it truly is our people who make this Hotel a special place, they are a wonderful group of people, a proud team to be apart of for sure.

I look forward to seeing you back again, before your next training class or maybe just for some R&R.

Warm regards,

Ian Jones

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here whilst on business in Victoria for just over a fortnight. The hotel does feel a little dated but it appears well maintained and my room was well cleaned. The room I had was very spacious with a reasonably comfortable bed. I was fortunate enough to get a high level room facing the harbour which gives a beautiful view. If you can, get one of these rooms.
The bar and restaurant downstairs were a little pricey but had great service and good quality food. I did find the menu a little limited but I suspect this was more due to the length of time I was there as poor weather forced me to eat in quite frequently. The hotel location is only a short (10 minute) walk to downtown Victoria which is great for eating out or if you are sightseeing in town on vacation.
A few minor negatives were that it does get very noisy at weekends as the hotel can have large group bookings who like to enjoy themselves late into the night. The breakfast service could be a little variable. It was sometimes very difficult to get served quickly (sit down, order, eat and pay within 30 minutes). I was almost always in at the start of service. I don't know whether going to breakfast a little later would have resulted in faster service. Finally, the internet, whilst normally pretty good, would struggle when the hotel when busy.
Chatting with some of the staff, it does sound as if some major renovation is planned at the hotel in near future. Updating the rooms and a little bit of polishing would make this an exceptional hotel. I would be more than happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible facing the harbour.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your feedback; I am happy to hear from a guest who stayed for over 14 days, this is true test of our standard levels of service, because maintaining consistent service over this many days, truly measures a businesses success.

I was disappointed to read about your Vic’s Steakhouse experience but happy to report we just appointed Glenn Monk, our new Director of Food & Beverage and he, along with our Executive Chef are about to launch a new menu this coming Friday, February 17th, so when you come back, I am sure you will enjoy the new variety.

I will speak to Glenn about our breakfast service, maybe we need to revisit the staffing levels and buffet selection to ensure we change up our offering to ensure our longer staying guests have something new to enjoy every other day.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2012

An old hotel in need of a facelift on the outside, but great on the inside. We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 11th floor and the views alone were worth the price. Uninterrupted 180 degree views of the harbour kept us fasinated day and night, and walking into the town, inner harbour or Victoria Clipper wharf took only moments. As we stayed on the inside, the shabby exterior didn't bother us at all.

Room Tip: You need to be on a high floor or you will lose your view to the trees across the road; get a harbou...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback; I am just thrilled to read about your enjoyment of our wonderful famed Inner Harbour, a spectacular view indeed. We are blessed being only one block from the Inner Harbour and having 12 floors, over 65% of our rooms have terrific views like you enjoyed.

Other good news is of our planned renovations, which will update both the outside and inside, hope to welcome you back to see what we have changed; watch this space.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Our daughter booked her wedding reception here and we're glad she did! The facilities were beautiful and the staff was phenomenal! They couldn't have been more accommodating. They provided us with a person to supervise and assist with the setup and decorating of the reception room and allowed my daughter's custom decorations which many hotels do not. Our helper fetched items and even rigged a light stand for us. Brought fresh coffee as well.

I can't say enough about how delicious the food was! All our guests raved about the abundant supply of excellent cuisine. The stuffed pork loin and tortellini stole the show. It was served exactly at 6:00 as scheduled. Many guests commented that it was nice not to have to wait for the food. The Pa system was also excellent. All we had to do was connect the laptop and we had our own great music all night.

There were no hidden charges whatsoever. The very reasonable price of our package covered everything so no unpleasant surprises upon checkout.

We loved our rooms. They were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. Liked the half covers. Just the right temperature. And great pillows! I had brought my own because hotel pillows are usually awful but I didn't even use them. The only reason I marked down the sleep quality is because the terrific windstorm rattled out sliding glass door and we couldn't stop it. Slept fine after the storm ended. A microwave, coffee maker and fridge were all included as well as an extra sink in the bedroom area. That was great because my husband and I could get ready for the wedding at the same time.

Our daughter's bridal suite exceeded all of our expectations! The King's suite was HUGE! 2 full stories with the most incredible 180 view. I believe the best in the city. We could see all of the Inner Harbour and also back to the ocean off Dallas Rd. Included a gigantic jacuzzi tub. Really sensational with too many features to list. You have to see it to believe it.

The chamber maids were so kind and polite. Nobody rushed us at checkout.

Several of our guests stayed at the hotel and enjoyed their stay as well. We had a lot of fun. Some of our friends used the pool and well equipped gym and found it clean and peaceful.

We just missed the norovirus outbreak by a a couple of days but I was in constant communication with the health inspector and he couldn't say enough about how compliant the Harbour Towers had been with their cleaning protocol. He said the elevators and lobby area were cleaned with a strong solution every 15 minutes and a specially trained outside team had been hired to super clean every inch of the rooms involved. We checked in with confidence and it was well founded. Not a single illness a mere 3 days after the outbreak!

We will definitely be back. Book your wedding here. Reasonable price with delicious fare. The furnishings were attractive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank E S
IanJones-GM, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback; I am just thrilled to read about your daughters wonderful event, I will be sure to pass along my thanks to Laura, our Wedding Specialist and Roger, Angela and Michael our Banquet Captains, I am very proud of the service they provide day in and day out.

A wedding is indeed a special day, and this is why Laura takes such personal care and attention for our brides and their families; as I said, I will be sure to pass along your kind words, we all appreciate hearing from our happy customers, makes the hard work worth while.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed there last fall, very good price of about $90 or so. Parking was extra though. Well located on a quiet nearly residential street, near the Parliament Building, waterfront, short walk to the Empress Hotel and downtown. We had a room on the back of the building, looking onto a roof section, and vents, as well as a highrise. Would have been fine if we were higher up, to get somewhat more of a view. The front rooms don't have a balcony. Overall good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback; I appreciated you taking the time to share your experience, even if your views were not as desired. Next time be sure to ask for a “Superior Room”, they all have fabulous views and we do infact have balconies on the front side, great to sit and enjoy the famed Victoria Inner Harbour, truly a wonderful sight.

Please try us again, and again ask for a “Superior Room”, you will love the views, and be sure to checkout Vic's Steakhouse as well, as Kevin our Bartender for a special Kev Special.