1,794 results
All reviews cheese plate tapas bar veneto tapa lounge go green city hall boutique hotel free coffee and pastry liquor store next door heated floors downtown victoria great boutique street noise hot breakfast within walking distance front desk staff small hotel douglas street
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I went with my family from Vancouver .THE ferry journey was fantastic .THE Rialto hotel is very clean .It is convenient for walking arround Victoria .It is very close to many shopping and attractions .The breakfast was ok with good varieties and service. The only consideration for the hotel is that it is expensive .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of the finest boutique hotels we have experienced.
Upon our arrival at the reception desk, we were warmly greeted by Enes who was most gracious and helpful regarding parking and the amenities of this newly renovated property. The junior suite that he assigned us was clean, spacious, very comfortable and offered 2 televisions - it was definitely more than we were expecting.
After we settled in, we visited the Bar and enjoyed the complimentary cheese platter (a very nice touch) and engaged with the two employees working in the Bar who were were full of suggestions on which wine to pair with our cheese & crackers and which sights to see in Victoria - all of which were handy to this centrally located hotel.
The next morning we enjoyed a very generous and tastefully presented European breakfast - fresh fruit, pastries, toast, jam, cold meats, yogurt and coffee.
At checkout we again had a lovely conversation with Enes about a return visit to The Rialto. Though we ran out of time on this visit, we will definitely return to The Rialto on a future visit and will recommend it to friends.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Stayed for the Victoria Marathon. Room was a little pricey but I understand it was quite the busy weekend. Loved the idea of a free cheese plate! And when I called downstairs for some help looking for a parking meter app, the front desk lady was super friendly and tried her best to find it for me. I will try to book there again next year for sure!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff. My room was well appointed and organized with a small kitchenette (microwave and fridge), sitting room with wardrobe and a desk for work. The bed was fine. The bathroom was large and roomy with heated floors. The rate included an extensive continental breakfast and a welcome cheese plate at their restaurant, Veneto. The hotel is very central and within walking distance to many restaurants and sights. No onsite parking, but plenty of street parking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is a historic hotel, refurbished in 2009. It's on a busy commercial street so a Shoppers Drug Mart and several corner stores are nearby, and it's less than a 10 minute walk to the many shops and restaurants geared to tourists on Government and Wharf Streets. The Empress Hotel, Royal BC Museum, Inner Harbour and Visitor Centre are all an easy walk. We found all hotel staff very friendly, helpful and efficient - at the front desk, housekeeping and breakfast. Our room was ready for check-in by mid-day, a pleasant surprise. The room and bathroom were clean and bright (our unattractive view was hidden by semi- transparent curtains we kept drawn during the day); the air conditioning worked well in the late summer warm weather. We thought that the rate was reasonable for downtown and included a very good breakfast buffet with homemade yoghurt, cold meat and cheese, lots of fresh fruit clearly prepared in-house (3 kinds of melon, fresh berries) and a variety of breads and cereals. My husband and I would stay there again. PS - Don't miss the small exhibit on the lower level, describing the history of the hotel, its renovation, and some beautiful period Chinese furniture.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple