“Great palce to explore Victoria, BC”

Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
BC
“Great palce to explore Victoria, BC”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have stayed here many times. The hotel is very clean, friendly staff and great food. The part we love is the location, you are right in the heart of victoria yet it is in a quiet area and it is pet friendly

3 Thank IROCK2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my family while visiting my hometown Vancouver.
be there for many times since teenager. Love the location which is near the Paramount and other major attraction with great view and reasonable room rate. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Seaview room are excellent!!
2 Thank hzbtang
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed here in January 2011 while we were in town for the Canadian National Figure Skating Championships. I don't know if anything has changed since the time we were there, but I didn't know Trip Advisor existed back then, so I am just now getting around to leaving reviews for several places we have stayed at over the year.

We were very happy with our stay. We drove from Washington to Vancouver and then took the ferry over to Victoria. We have a cat that requires twice daily medicine and if we are driving somewhere it usually makes more financial sense to just bring him with us instead of paying for boarding. I don't remember what the pet fee was offhand, but it was less than it would have cost us to board him. When we first inquired about their pet policy when we made reservations, the girl we talked to was very friendly and told us that they have had all kinds of pets staying there, including birds. This was a huge plus to us because we have run into quite a few hotels in our travels that allow dogs, but not cats and other animals. They also provided pet food and water bowls, pet beds and pet food upon request. We didn't need any of this, but we liked the fact that it was an option. I have found that just because a hotel says they are pet friendly, doesn't necessarily mean that they are literally friendly about pets, but this hotel lived up to the friendly part!

We had a harbour view room. It was a beautiful view, but as others mentioned, the balcony is standing room only. Since it was January, and cold, this wasn't at all a problem, but I wanted to mention it just because some people may not like the small size.

The sea planes start taking off and landing early in the morning, as other reviewers have mentioned. I'm a very light sleeper, and hate waking up early, but the planes honestly didn't bother me at all. Maybe I didn't stay long enough for them to become annoying. My husband is a career pilot so he was like a kid in a candy store with the planes. He thought it was cool that we could watch them land and take off from our room. The ferry also comes in from Port Angeles every morning, and to be honest, I found the horn from the ferry much more annoying than the noise from the planes.

We ran into the maid as we were leaving our room a few times and she was incredibly friendly, which was also a plus. I have found that in general the house keeping staff is either rude or they just ignore you in other hotels (maybe we've just had bad luck) but whoever this lady was, was always very cheerful and friendly in the morning.

We kept our car parked in the under ground lot, and just walked to the Sav-On Foods arena each day (which is just slightly beyond the down town area). It was a good walk, but not a horrible one. It took us about 45 minutes to get there and back each day, and we enjoyed the walk. The hotel isn't in the downtown area, but if you don't want to walk or drive your own car, they had a complimentary shuttle service that you could use. We didn't know the layout of the city when we first arrived, so on that first night we used the shuttle service to find a place to eat downtown. The guy who drove the shuttle was very friendly and personable and he recommended some great places to eat at when we asked. After we learned the layout of the town we didn't use the shuttle again, but its a good option to have if you don't want to walk. They will drop you off where you want to go and pick you back up and bring you back to the hotel.

The restaurant was good too. We only ate breakfast there each morning and had some drinks at night, but I can't complain about either. Our room package had free vouchers for the breakfast buffet and while it wasn't the largest buffet I've ever seen, there was plenty to eat and fill me up. The wait staff was also very friendly. Breakfast did seem a bit expensive if you didn't have the vouchers though.

If we go back to Victoria in the future we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brooklet425
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and have never been disappointed. The service is great, the views are spectacular, and the service is good. My only reservations on this hotel are 1) the hotel pool is an indoor outdoor and so I find it chilly and uncomfortable in the winter and 2) the restaurant is very expensive. I don't mind the cost for dinners, but I find the breakfast and lunch menus out of line with other hotels in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but suggest that you go elsewhere for morning meals.

1 Thank 651brendam
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Coast Harbourside in Victoria, British Columbia last week and had an amazing stay. The staff at the front desk, the cleaning staff and those in the restaurant have a true customer centred culture and provide excellent service. Clearly the management has done a tremendous job so that all of the staff are engaged and truly want to make ones stay an incredible experience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple