“Shhh! Keep this a secret!!”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was absolutely perfect for my visit to Victoria! The room was immaculate, appeared newly furnished and is extremely well situated for visiting the inner harbour. The park view balcony provided a wonderful view of the large ships entering and leaving the harbour. The friendly, accommodating staff provided good directions to local attractions and were truly service oriented. A huge bonus was the hot, hearty breakfast that provided a great start to every day. This hotel is one the Air Miles program making it "free" in exchange for points. But please, keep the Best Western Inner Habour a SECRET so it won't be all booked the next time I vist!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SharonWinnipeg
BWIH_Manager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

What a wonderful review of our hotel following your recent stay - I couldn't have said it better myself! We are so pleased to hear that you were impressed with all we have to offer and that you enjoyed the service from our team. We look forward to having you come and visit us again, but please - lets spread the word some more!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

frendly staff, beautuful view. Iv stayed there a few times and enjoyed it everytime. I stayed on the 7th floor everytime im was there, great view of the inner harbour and parlament. The staff are very helpful and freindly. The expearience was great

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kyrosshiatis

Thank you for your review and for continuing to stay with our hotel. You are right - the balconies from our upper floor rooms provide for a great view of the park in front of our building and the busy Inner Harbour. We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Best Western Inner Harbour was soooo awesome! Our room was immaculately clean, the location was next to the BC Legislative Buildings and the Empress, making the location ideal for us! The hotel also provided a wonderful free breakfast, tickets to Butchart Gardens (included in our package), and free in-room movies. Our room had a great view of the harbor (some provide a great view of the Olympic mountains). We couldn’t think of one thing that should be better. It was really nice. We had an eat-in kitchen as well. Breakfast included eggs/omelets, sausage, fresh-made pancakes, cereals, fruits, scones – everything we needed. From the BC Ferry, we took the 70X express bus straight down to the BC Legislative Buildings and it was a 5 minute walk to the hotel door from the bus stop. Craig checked us in and was absolutely hilarious, as well as helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeymooners34

What a great review ... you have really summed up what sounds like an Absolutely Perfect stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments - they will be shared with the entire hotel team.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I received very good service from this hotel starting with my reservation. I originally booked a suite and asked in the request that it face the harbour. I received an email from a fellow named Craig who informed me that none of their suites face the harbour. We talked a bit and I decided that the harbour view was more important to me than having a suite so I settled on a deluxe room facing the harbour. Mine had two beds.

My seventh floor room was very clean and nicely decorated.The hotel is in a prime location, close to everything the harbour area has to offer. If you opt for a harbour side room ask for a higher floor. From your window you can observe seaplanes and smaller watercraft and watch the iconic Black Ball ferry come and go. In addition to a nice big TV is a DVD player which was a thoughtful touch at this price point. The view was all I hoped for and having a balcony to walk out on was a bonus. On warm days it would be a great place to relax and enjoy a beverage. Room heat is supplied by nice quiet baseboard radiators and controlled by a mercifully simple wall thermostat. Internet service was uncommonly good, both fast and reliable.

The bath was very clean, even in the corners. The vanity has a marble top and there is a pump dispenser of moisturizer. Instead of those fussy little bottles, the hotel supplies body wash, shampoo and conditioner from a dispenser in the shower. It has taken me a while to get used to this idea but I am seeing it more and more when I travel. It saves some waste and it is convenient too. My tub did not drain that well and I was standing ankle deep in water by the time I was done my shower, but that's a minor quibble.

The mini kitchen has a 4 burner range, a refrigerator and a microwave oven. They also supply a tea kettle which was much appreciated for my morning tea. Mugs, wine glasses, cutlery, a corkscrew, and a few cooking utensils were supplied in the unlocked middle cupboard. On either side were two locked cupboards that apparently contain more elaborate gear for a fee. There is a dinette with two chairs in the kitchen as well as a window that looks out onto the balcony.

The beds were plush yet supportive, with the usual multitude of fluffy pillows, and soft comforting sheets.

Breakfast choices were ample, with a variety of hot and cold items including fresh fruit, juices, sausage patties, home fries, eggs, and even made to order pancakes in under a minute from a nifty little machine.

Parking is complimentary, in a gated subterranean garage. This and the supplied breakfast make Best Western Harbour Inn a great value.

I had planned to stay for two nights but the weather was so dreary that I notified the front desk the evening of my arrival that I would be checking out before eleven the next morning. Someone neglected to inform housekeeping of my impending departure because the cleaner tried to let herself in before 9 am.

I plan to return later this summer with my spouse this time and see what their suites are like.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a harbour view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Elliott T

Wow! Your title says it all and I agree! Your generous review of our hotel highlights a lot of the features and amenities that we are proud of - from our accomodating Front Desk team and our eco-friendly policy, to everything in between! We look forward to welcoming you back this summer, when hopefully the weather is not a dreary.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Great property! We have stayed there many times, and they never fail to exceed expectations. Located right on the Inner Harbor, and across the street from the Black Ball Ferry to Port Angeles. Easy walking distance to shopping, china town, and restaurants in the Inner Harbor area. Staff is wonderful and eagerly helps you with any tourist type questions. We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Harbor side for a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nole75

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I love that you have stayed with us many times and that you continue to return to visit. That in itself is the best compliment. We look forward to seeing you again soon.