Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$ 266
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$ 226
  • Pool
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
US$ 324
US$ 163
US$ 158
Travelocity
1,167 results
All reviewscoach housefoxglove roomevening appetizershors d'oeuvrescomplimentary appetizersrain showerno elevatorfour poster bedsconesmain buildingwood burning fireplacesmall hotelother guestseach morningcharming hotelresidential areabaked goods
Reviewed 19 June 2011

First time staying at Abigail's Hotel - a wonderful weekend! Having stayed at many B&B's and Inns throughout the Northwest I would place Abigail's near, if not at the top of my list.
Amazing hospitality and friendliness, delicious and creative breakfasts/afternoon appetizers and exceptional housekeeping. If you are looking for a memorable accommodation for your stay in Victoria, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank riakat4
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The reviews for Abigail's Hotel persuaded me to reserve a room there on our first time to Victoria, BC. My family and I were pleasantly surprised. The customer service was impeccable, starting with a greeting from the manager who also helped bring our heavy luggages up to our room. Their complimentary gourmet breakfasts were amazing which included Dungeness crab and local brie omelette supplemented with rosemary and olive oil roast potatoes on one day to smoked salmon, grilled asparagus and poached farm fresh egg with white truffle oil with whole baby red potatoes braised with fresh thyme on another day. However, the chef may be able to accomomdate any other request not on the menu, which they did for my son who wanted a simple hard boiled egg. The hotel also offered snacks in the afternoons from a variety of international cheeses and smoked tuna with various salads to fruits and chocolate covered strawberries. They had a quaint garden patio where one could read a book or play chess.
My kids loved the library on the first floor where they had a great selection of DVDs, books, and board games. The hotel also had a spa and laundry service, which was very inexpensive.
The hotel is located in a residential area, and was about 10 - 15 minutes walk to the Inner Harbour's restaurants and shops and was 5 minute jaunt to Beacon Hill Park where peacocks roamed freely and where the kids loved spending time at the Petting Zoo. I would take my daily jog either to the park or on Cook street, through the Village Center and end up on the beach shore. Even though we had to walk a little bit more to the main attractions, I prefer the location because it was outside the hustle and bustle of Victoria town. Loved the hotel, Chris and Megan and the rest of the staff there. I would highly
recommend others to stay at this cozy, but grand B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank hoohiki
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The service at Abigail's is very good, location is perfect to the harbor. I was not a big fan of the breakfast thou..

Room Tip: use luxurylink.com
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bear2336
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed at the Abigail on my first night of a 9 day trip across Vancouver Island. The hotel is beautiful and very well taken care of. Nice historical property with beautiful gardens. Our room was amazing with lovely views and extremely comfortable bed. The location of the Abigail is a little off the beaten path....however an easy 15 minute walk to the downtown harbour area. Our room was on the 4th floor with no elevator so older people should be aware of a lot of stair to climb for the nicer upper level rooms. Luckily they brought our luggage up because that would have been quite a job! The complementary breakfast the next morning was the biggest surprise. Absolutely delicious. I'm a big fan of tea biscuits and the freshly baked one I had at the Abigail was the best I've ever had. The waitress was very gracious and brought me the recipe which was a nice touch! The tub in the room was lovely with jets however the shower was kind of weak and you had to stand in the tub to use it. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for it's beauty, comfort and historical value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I choose this hotel for my birthday getaway because of the reviews from this site, and I was not disappointed! When we first arrived we were welcomed by an unbelievably friendly staff member. She gave us a tour, came outside and helped with the bags, and made us feel really welcomed. The room was beautiful! Comfortable beds, quiet surroundings, and a very romantic feel. We booked through Expedia, so the breakfast wasn't included in the room price, but it was no problem. If we wanted breakfast we could just wander into the dining area and take a seat, no reservations required. They would just add it to our room tab. The staff was always very professional and friendly, and made really great restaurant recommendations with reservations if we wanted. Everything we needed was within walking distance, downtown being just a few blocks away. We had an amazing experience and will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple