“Beautiful & excellent food & service!”
Review of Fireside Grill

Fireside Grill
Ranked #66 of 1,231 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 24
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fireside Grill is a wonderfully refurbished heritage manor with an upbeat atmosphere ideal for casual fine dining to small or large parties. The Fireside blends European & Asian recipes with proven West Coast favourites. We source many of our ingredients from local producers and farmers. We believe that farm to table is the best way to showcase our great local cuisine. Come and enjoy our 3 course -$25 menu offered every evening till November.
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We wanted to experience some of the seafood Victoria has to offer &were able to get a table late in the day on Canada Day. The food was awesome, the prices very reasonable & the service was top notch. Our daughter very much enjoyed her 3 course farm to table menu option. Such interesting architecture...it used to be a tea room, built in 1939. Beautiful!

1  Thank Cori C

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I booked the private room for a small party of between 25 and 30 people. The room is on its own wing and has a door and windows so you get a breeze. I ordered appetizers and drinks for my guests to start to make it more like a cocktail party then dinner to follow.
The servers and meals exceeded my and my guests expectations. If you are needed a space for a small intimate party this is your place.

1  Thank Brenda O
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We have been for lunch and dinner at the Fireside and the food is consistently good. The parmesan eggplant pasta dish is delicious and also the appy's of mussels and calamari were good as well. The only thing I find is that it tends to be very noisy in here. Maybe a bit of acoustic tile on the ceiling would help. If you have 4 or more in your party it is hard to carry on a conversation. But other than that the service and food are great.

1  Thank gayle6769
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Our party arrived with a reservation and we were seated upstairs overlooking the large open dining hall. The ambience is warm, quaint and full of character. The Tudor building was constructed in 1939 and many of the original details remain like the vaulted timber frame, leaded glass windows and oversize fireplace (hence the name!). It's a charming space and I imagine quite stunning at Christmastime. I see why this is a popular place with the older crowd. Service was professional and attentive. Most of us ordered from the 3-course tasting menu that changes seasonally. Smallish portions but well presented. A couple of people at the table were disappointed the cheesecake was deconstructed not a traditional graham crust. Food is comparable to Med Grill across the road (fine but not totally memorable). Busy restaurant so reservations a must.

1  Thank sharpy s
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was skeptical when I saw the large building and sign for bus parking - restaurants that serve busloads of tourists are not usually able to produce great food - but our B&B hosts had recommended it so we took a chance. I am so glad we did. The Farm to Table prix fixe menu was interesting, beautifully prepared and delicious. Quite simply the best meal we had on our trip around Vancouver Island.