“Great food!”

Ranked #51 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Fireside Grill is a wonderfully refurbished heritage manor with an upbeat atmosphere ideal for casual fine dining to small or large parties. The Fireside blends European & Asian recipes with proven West Coast favourites. We source many of our ingredients from local producers and farmers. We believe that farm to table is the best way to showcase our great local cuisine. Come and enjoy our 3 course -$25 menu offered every evening till November.
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Went here for dinner with my family on a Saturday evening. The restaurant is super cozy with a great atmosphere. Service was a bit slow, and my mom had to ask for ice twice before she got it. The food was good though. The seafood chowder was delicious and the smoked salmon pizza was good too, although the crust was a little soggy in the middle. My husband ordered an Old Fashioned but he said it was one of the worst ones he's ever had. My glass of wine hit the spot. I've also visited for drinks on the patio in the summer and had a great experience then too.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fireside Grill

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Took a couple for their engagement dinner and it was wonderful. Service was great.
Food spot on everyone enjoyed it. Couldn't have asked for better. We will be back. Wine is a tad expensive, but it is at most places.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We had soups and salads for lunch and the food was good quality and good value. Nothing fancy. But a pleasant experience and very friendly service.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We originally went to Med Grill across the street, but there was a 20 minute wait for a table. We decided to walk over to Fireside Grill as there was no wait for a table at 7:30 pm on a Tuesday evening. I wish we had waited for a table at Med Grill. At Fireside Grill, the fireplace was lit and it made for a very cozy lovely table nearby. I found the food extremely disappointing though. My son ordered the beef tenderloin and crab. The plate was too big for the portion size, as half of it was empty. At $36.50, I found it very pricey and could go to the Keg where they specialize in steaks. My other son ordered the pork ribs smothered in bbq sauce. He enjoyed the ribs but there was no finger bowl or wet napkin to wipe his fingers. My husband had the three course meal that was satisfactory for $25, but the key lime pie had about 6 blueberries for decoration and 3 still had the stem on! My burger with crab was fine. As it was my actual birthday day, we asked if they did anything for the birthday person, as lots of restaurants give you free dessert or discount or? I was told that they would put candles on a dessert if I purchased one. Quite disappointing for a higher end restaurant. Doubt we'll be back any time soon. Much better deal across the street at Med Grill!

3  Thank _lyipp
Reviewed 15 March 2017

While the restaurant itself is lovely and the staff are friendly, the food is very bland. My family and I ate here last weekend and tried the set menu; started, main, dessert.
They are selling themselves as serving gourmet food, at reasonable prices. Sure, the set menu was reasonably priced, but we found that the food was not worth it. My fish was tasteless and my wife's Moroccan dish has dry, overcooked meat and she also found it tasteless.
Thankfully the desserts were the stars of the show and totally saved us from reviewing these guys as poor. Granted, they were your bog standard Key Lime Pie and Chocolate lava cake but at least they tasted wonderful.
If you are looking for fun, new cuisine or a rare gastronomic treat, I recommend that you look elsewhere.

1  Thank Ken M
Tim P, Manager at Fireside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Our Three Course $25 menu changes again soon and while you did not enjoy our previous menu selection our new menu does begin Mar.17. Also if you were unhappy with your meals for any reason our staff would have been happy to offer you and your guests an alternative dish. Well missteps can happen, they are by no means the norm. Thank you and we hope you will try us again in the future.