“Jerk chicken, Red stripe beer, Beef patty”
Review of Riddim & Spice

Riddim & Spice
Ranked #1,691 of 3,897 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Jamaican
Neighbourhood: Commercial Drive
Neighbourhood: Commercial Drive
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

First visit here. We walked along Commercial drive searching for new places to try and found this place. We've been to Jamaica, so we were excited to try the food here. We sat on the patio, ordered our Red stripe beer and listened to Jamaican music while enjoying a cool breeze from the hot sun. We ordered the regular sized Jerk chicken which was under $9. for dinner, lunch special is $5.99. The food came fairly quickly and the chicken was fall off the bone tender and not too spicy, with rice and beans and salad. Very nice! When we finished our meal we went to pay and remembered we wanted to try the beef patty so the girl gave us one, it comes frozen and is placed in a paper bag. When we got home I put it in the oven and we enjoyed the spicy party with a nice cold beer. Fun experience, next time we go, we will order a lunch special and a few other dishes on the menu. Staff very friendly, close to SkyTrain.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty meat pies, slightly on the spicy side.
Jerk chicken with rice & peas (just like mom made). Just a small hole in the wall joint, but authentic Jamaican made by Mr C.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

If you like chicken, you may enjoy the jerk chicken here. It was tender, moist, the sauce was a typical jerk sauce, sweet with spice. It's well-priced for a large plate of food including veggies (cabbage?) and rice with beans. It didn't blow me away but if you're hungry it does the job. Service was nice.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Not a five star restaurant but as a student I was happy with the price and flavour. I'm very familiar with Caribbean food. I'd say it's better than average. They need to work on then presentation of the restaurant and the dishes. I think if they branded the place a little more upscale it would do better. If you're on a budget and want some real food, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

I have eaten at both the Reef and Riddim and Spice and growing up in a Jamaican home I can say that Riddim and Spice far surpasses the Reef in taste, flavor, serving and the cost of a meal. The only thing that the Reef would have on Riddim and Spice is the atmosphere as Riddim and Spice is very casual - plastic cups, limited light in restaurant, etc. However, I go for the food not the atmosphere.