“Such Good Grub”

Ranked #400 of 4,007 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Bao Chau is in my normal Viet Rest rotations. There are only a few in town that I can say I love and this spot is one of them. The spring rolls are always crispy and cooked to perfection. The Pho is good and I also like the lemon grass chicken over either noodles or rice. Cash only. Service is always good. The staff is friendly and the place is clean. What else can you ask for?

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Vancouver/Metro Vancouver (Burnaby, Richmond, Vancouver) is peppered with Pho restaurants and most of them are along the lines of "it was alright".

My husband has been going to to Bao Chau as his "go to" spot for Pho for over 20 years and he introduced me to it about 5 years ago. Whenever we don't want to cook, we come here. It's affordable, the broth is always tasty - consistently tasty and the price is comparable to other restaurants.

So why post about this? Their springrolls are the BOMB! They are a great size for the price. If you come here, order a full order of spring rolls - 2 rolls - which they cut into sizeable bite sizes.

One thing is this - they don't have a lot of variety on types of dishes on their menu. They have Pho noodles, some rice dishes, spring rolls and some beverages. They don't get fancy with dry noodles, different types of noodles, viet salads and all that jazz. They do a few things but they do it right. So if you come here, don't expect a big menu selection in terms of variety of starches, salads, types of cooked meat, etc.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

So I meet up with friends several times a month for lunch and this has been a go to 3 times lately.
Normally I have the Pho.
Last time I had a combo, teriyaki chickens, pork chop, and rice.
Very nice alternative.
Quite busy at lunch.

My 2cts,
Hope this helps.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Coming here for over 20 years and nothing compares to the food here. So tasty!!
I eat pho at least twice per week, sometimes more. I try to eat at a different pho restaurant every time but Bao Chau wins every single time.

1  Thank Curtis G
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

4 of us visiting Vancouver looking for a dinner location in Chinatown we stumbled across this establishment by chance WOW WOW WOW did we luck out! This super modern take on Chinese dishes served tapas style were simply A M A Z I N G plus a fab atmosphere buzzing and super professional staff serving made this a truly memorable experience. Get there as soon as you can

1  Thank Bazzahhh