“Best sushi outside Japan?”

Miko Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 4,147 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This is a highly authentic Sushi restaurant, operating and delivering at a very high level of Japanese standards.

It makes little concession to modern trends and has kept close to its traditions, so the food is excellent, high quality Japanese style. Well, portions are a little larger than in Japan!! Otherwise it is very true to its roots.

I found the staff to be superb, good fun, and the food just heavenly. So good i went twice during my short stay in Vancouver. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 19 January 2018

My wife and I had dinner here. Upon entering, we noticed the walls that were covered in autographs and well-wishes. It was fascinating to read them during the meal. We started off with a Smoked Salmon Roll and a Spicy Scallop Roll. Both were excellent and a generous portion. Next, we ordered two dishes: Assorted Tempura and Beef teriyaki which we shared. Both were very good as well. Our server was polite and very helpful in helping us choose the right items. Prices were quite reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We split the sushi box. It was fantastic. First was miso soup. Then the box. It had California maki, tempura shrimp and veggies, teriyaki chicken skewer with grilled asparagus and sashimi. We are staying close by for the weekend and will be back tomorrow.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017

had very good sashimi and nice sake here. Service was quick and friendly for a mid-week dinner. A little pricey for the ambience, but good quality fish will have me coming back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I was walking down Robson to check-in to my hotel at 9.30pm after a long travel day and noticed a little sushi place that still had guests inside eating. The sign on the door that said open until 10.15pm so I checked-in next door and raced back. It was quaint inside and the staff were very friendly and more than welcoming despite me walking in just before closing. To my absolute surprise and delight the sushi and gyoza I ordered were perfect! The best I’ve had outside of Japan. What a wonderful surprise. I’m so happy that I chanced upon this gem after the day I’d had! I might even be back for lunch tomorrow....

Date of visit: December 2017