“Butter chicken combo for lunch was everything I hoped it would be.”
Review of raga

raga
Ranked #608 of 4,065 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 11 February 2016

I ordered takeout from Raga for lunch. Though we only experienced such a small part of their menu and dining experience, it was enough for us to plan to come back to dine in for a full meal. The butter chicken lunch combo has butter chicken, rice and naan. All delivered the exact experience we were hoping for. 'Twas all delicious! The restaurant is quiet and pleasant and I was given considerate and attentive service even though I was only ordering to take out.

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I went here with a friend for lunch because we were looking for an Indian restaurant and stumbled on this place. We decided to eat here because they had lunch specials. The decor was neat and formal, with tables set on white table cloths. This would be a great place to take a date for a nice dinner out as well as friends.

We both chose their meat lunch special, a deal for $12.95, which included naan, lentil dal, rice, butter chicken, chicken tandoori, salad, vegetable pakora, and dessert. It all came on a metal platter with the lentil, dessert, and butter chicken in small portion metal side dishes. The butter chicken was very delicious, flavourful, and not spicy. Great with the naan! The naan was thick, soft, and fresh. The rice was very flavourful, soft, and savoury. The dal and tandoori chicken was a bit bland. I am not sure that was how it was supposed to taste though. I've have more spicy and savoury tandoori chicken before. The salad was a simple salad with no sauce. I didn't have the dessert because it was all really filling. My friend enjoyed it though. I could do without the dal and tandoori chicken for more of the butter chicken! For the variety we got, it was worth a try for the meal! I might come back for their butter chicken or when they have a butter chicken only special.

The service was attentive, but we were the only ones there.

1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious dinner, and great friendly service.

The food was traditional and delicious. Their food is made with loving hands and you can taste it!

Reviewed 27 December 2015

We were looking for a restaurant open on Christmas Day and came across Raga - what a lucky find! They greeted us warmly and made sure we had a great table. Very attentive service and the food was great!
Korma chicken was lovely and tender and the Chicken Vindaloo was perfectly spicy! We very much enjoyed our meal at Raga and hope to visit next time we're in Vancouver!

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Love this place. The butter chicken, shahi paneer and eggplant bhartha are my favourite dishes and better than any other Indian I've had. Can't wait to go back the next time I'm in Vancouver.