“One of the best meals I have ever had!”

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 4,120 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Description: In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver. For 30 years, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its reputation as an award-winning Vancouver restaurant. Guests from the world over have come to expect a dynamic culinary experience in this San Francisco styled seafood grill that always delivers more - more hospitality, more variety and more buzz. This iconic Vancouver restaurant is conveniently located just off of bustling Robson Street. Joe Fortes is where locals and visitors alike come to enjoy the food in town, complemented by an award-winning wine list that boasts over 300 wines, and a uniquely personal level of service and hospitality. Quality, service and reputation - that's the stuff that we are made of. And that's what you can look forward to experiencing on each and every visit to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I was away for business on Valentine's Day, so some colleagues and I decided to treat ourselves at Joe Fortes based on a recommendation from a friend. I can't wait to go back! I had the oysters Rockefeller and the night's special feature of grilled sockeye salmon and trimmings. My colleagues tried, raw oysters, the lamb shank, the cobb salad and the squash soup. We were all impressed and enjoyed our meals.
I wish I could remember the server's name as he was excellent! We all had questions about various things on the menu and wanted our appetizers and meals paired with BC wines. He did an excellent job with answering our questions and ensuring that we each a meal we were going to enjoy.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a great vibe and energy going on.
We just sat at the bar for drinks and dinner as we popped in with no reservations and it was busy

The food was great and at the bar there are interesting people to meet and talk with

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I DIDN'T have a reservation, and was quickly seated in a nice table for two. My guest and I ordered and forgot to ask that pepper not be used to season our meals(I'm a throat cancer survivor, and can't tolerate it), our waiter was VERY accomodating, and MADE this happen, because of our request the order had to be SPECIAL made, so to get up pass this delay, he brought us a salmon treat to hold us over, and subsituted fries for me, because the potatoe that came with the mean was pre made! The meat was tender, as the waiter had promised, and we BOTH were VERY happy with our meals!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We made this our date night of our trip and we were not disappointed. Our server was great with recommendations and helping us with our first oyster experience. My husband had the salmon and it was amazing. I don’t normally like salmon but I was asking for more. Great atmosphere, we ate upstairs in the wine room.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Friends invited me to happy hour and warned me together there early or I wouldn't get in. They were right! Very popular happy hour food & drink specials. Awesome quality, great service & staff! I'll be back for sure.