1,780 results
All reviews samsung tablet loft suite great location bc place nespresso machine rogers arena modern hotel within walking distance downtown vancouver breakfast buffet robson street rain shower front desk staff hot tub comfortable beds turn down service loved this hotel
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This a clean, comfortable, friendly, accommodating place to stay. The front desk and concierge are only out to please and make your stay a pleasant one. We had the Queen Deluxe room without a terrace. We wouldn’t have needed a terrace as this time of year it rains! Terrace is extra anyway. I needed a hotel with an indoor pool for my son and they have a wonderful pool/hot tub plus exercise facility. Complimentary laundrey machines and ask for detergent at the front desk. The dryer has a timed energy saver so it’s not broken if it stops as it is temporary. The beds were comfortable and the room has a sitting area with big windows. The bathroom was a nice size and the shower was fabulous. We didn’t include the breakfast in our room fee, $21, but it looked very ample with lots of finger food plus hot dishes. There’s a business center with 2 computers. The housekeepers were lovely and the room was cleaned every day.
Blu is conveniently located downtown just on the border of Yaletown...lots of restaurants. It’s close to buses, a few blocks from the Skytrain. I highly recommend the public transportation system and the front desk will help to direct you. The hotel has a shuttle service, reserve ahead, to anywhere you would like to go in Vancouver city not over the bridges and not to the airport. The Skytrain is so easy to get to the airport for just a few dollars abd tbe hotel shuttle can transport you to the Yaletown-Roadhouse Station to pick up the Skytrain. The hotel encompasses the first 3 floors and then above are residences. I would definitely stay here again should I visit Vancouver.

My computer won’t allow me to click the ratings below but I give it a 5,5, and 5.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Shannon G, General Manager at Hotel BLU, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear OliverNewJersey from New Jersey,

Thank you for choosing Hotel BLU Vancouver for your recent trip as well as taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. We hope that should your plans find you in Vancouver in the near future, you and your partner will consider staying at Hotel BLU Vancouver again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This was our first stay at Hotel BLU. We stayed for five nights, and our purpose for staying in Vancouver was to visit family that live downtown Vancouver. It was within walking distance to just about everything we needed. Restaurants, groceries, shopping. Hotel BLU is in great proximity, if you're seeing any sporting/concert events, to BC Place (football/soccer/etc), as well as Rogers Arena (hockey/curling/etc).
If travelling by plane, Vancouver has one of the best public transit systems, and easily accessed from Hotel BLU. The Skytrain is so convenient from airport to downtown. We've been travelling and staying in Vancouver for over 10 years, and it's one of the easiest modes of travel. Wish we had it where we live.
Hotel BLU is a wonderfully decorated, clean, comfortable, and friendly hotel. Each day we were out visiting/shopping, but looked forward to returning in the evening to the spacious room with king size bed, and amenities.
We usually drive to Vancouver, and it has to be mentioned that parking was great at Hotel BLU. The parkade was easily accessed, and secure, as well as very clean and well lit. Elevators and hotel room were easily managed by our hotel room cardkey which was activated by professional and friendly staff at the front desk upon check in.
Upon our arrival, check in was quick and courteous as they made sure that our needs and preferences were met. The same applied to our check out.
Special mention has to be given to the breakfast staff at Hotel BLU. We were there for five days, and each breakfast was phenomenal. The buffet catered to every need with great selection, and we enjoyed it very much. I even got a recipe from the cook in the kitchen :) Best hotel breakfast buffet we've experienced.
As far as the pool, spa, sauna, fitness facility, we never had the opportunity to use these features as we were busy meeting up with family and visiting.
If visiting Vancouver again, we will pick Hotel BLU :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear clknits from Edmonton AB,

Thank you for choosing Hotel BLU Vancouver for your family visit in downtown. I am very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. We hope that should your plans find you in Vancouver, you will consider staying at Hotel BLU Vancouver again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely outstanding, in service, location and amenities. We were greeted by a very friendly lady behind the desk. We got a text from her after check in to make sure everything was okay. There was a personalized note and chocolate bar on the desk. The room had high end touches, glass shower with dual shower head, Nepresso machine, glass water bottle, Samsung tablet. It was in a great neighbourhood within walking distance of the Airport train, the water taxi, coffee shops, a liquor/beer store and all the pubs in Yaletown. It is across the street from BC Place. We actually walked all the way to Stanley Park from the hotel and it took 30 minutes. The hotel rooms, lobby, pool area and breakfast room were all very modern and beautifully decorated. I will come again my next time in Van City.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Amanda D from Niagara Falls, Canada,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to see that our services and amenities exceeds your expectation. We hope that should your plans find you in Vancouver, you will consider staying at Hotel BLU Vancouver again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel was the perfect location for both work (conference at the Convention Centre) and to get out into the city during my stay in March 2018. The staff was friendly and made sure that I was well-situated. They checked in via text and I felt that they made an effort to know me a bit so that I felt safe and welcomed each time I returned to the hotel.

The rooms are spacious, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the Nespresso was a nice, sophisticated touch.

Not included, but worth it at least once, the breakfast on the 2nd floor was full of delicious surprises and excellent service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear jeanw858,

Thank you for choosing Hotel BLU Vancouver for your business and leisure stay. I am delighted to see that our Guest Services Team was able to extend your group a warm welcome, and you are satisfied with our services and amenities.

We hope that should your plans find you in Vancouver in the near future, you will consider staying at Hotel BLU Vancouver again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We chose to stay at the Hotel Blu because of the close proximity to BC Place.
It proved to be a very good choice for many other reasons.
Check-in was fast and friendly even though we arrived before the posted check-in time.
The room was spotlessly clean and a good size.
The glass wall to the bathroom was unusual but there was a pull down blind (on the outside) to maintain privacy.
We didn’t spend much time in the room, pretty much just slept and showered in it but it was a good weekend stay and location was everything.
My only minor gripe was that the display screen on the phone lit up the whole room at night but this was easily fixed by simply turning the phone unit face down.
We enjoyed our stay and will definitely consider the Hotel Blu next time we need to stay in Downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Shannon G, General Manager at Hotel BLU, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear baswick from Delta, Canada,