“Watch out for the dishonest waiter!”

Steamworks Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 103 Nightlife in Vancouver
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We ate here on holiday in 2016, having been the year before and really enjoying it. The food was average, much poorer than the year before. The beer was ok, it was busy but not a great atmosphere - just lots of people rammed in! When we came to pay, the waiter manually added a 20% tip onto the credit card terminal, before handing it to me for pin entry. I'm pretty sure this is probably illegal! He did it to another British couple at the table next to us. Hopefully its just one dishonest waiter, but we won't be going back to find out!

All reviews
"canadian"
"downtown"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Went in to grab a beer.....ended up trying a 4 tap tester. Choices included a couple of ales, stout, and a porter. Nothing bad, but nothing outstanding either. Friendly bartender.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

found them on our walk around vancouver. very helpful staff. tried the seasonal lager, poutine and grilled salmon sandwich. all were excellent. had the ice cream pie; delish

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stopped in for lunch, great rapport with the bartender, he recommended the Brewhouse burger which my wife ordered and I ordered the lamb burger. Both were good, lamb burger was rich and sat heavy. Good fries, lots of beer and alcohol choices. The place is enormous with little eating nooks all over.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I came here after my cruise ship docked. It was very close to the port and the adorable neighborhood of Gastown. The building itself is huge, architecturally interesting and has an amazing view of the port and city behind it. I got a 4 tap beer sample and loved every beer I chose. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a drink in the area. Next time we'll try the food too!