Open today: 11:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Not a long wait...great food, great vibe, fun atmosphere

Reviewed 1 October 2018

from US$ 110.00
from US$ 88.90
from US$ 107.40
More Info
All reviews brew pub oatmeal stout lamb burger yam fries pale ale craft beer gas town gastown area waterfront station canada place visiting vancouver breweries canadian downtown
Reviewed 1 week ago

Next to the Gastown Steam Clock, Steamworks Brewing is an also "not to miss" attraction in Gastown. With large bay windows over-looking Vancouver's harbor and the North Shore mountains - the beer and food service blend in perfectly with the view. Classic and seasonal brews are available year round.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to spend the afternoon with a funny staff. The beers were great and so was the pretzel and Oversized Caramel Apple pie.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautifull location right near waterfront and Gastown, where genuine craftbeer is brewed on premise. Nice tastings possible, and dont forget the great pulled pork burger !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I hadn’t been to Steamworks in a while. It’s been open in Gastown for over 20 years and while I had been there for larger events (company party once and an engagement party another time) I haven’t been there for dinner in several years.

My wife and I ended up staying downtown overnight and wanted some good, unpretentious food. We went for a walk towards Gastown and decided to stop in at Steamworks for something we could share.

It is a pub, so mostly pub fare is on the menu. We’re both vegetarian which often limits our choices, but Steamworks did offer several salads and pizzas that looked good. We chose to order a small garden salad and their ‘classic’ pizza without meat. I had a pint of their house lager and my wife a glass of Perseus red wine. The food was delicious and service was prompt. The bill was about $50 before tip. Not bad for a couple’s casual night out in Vancouver.

Yaletown Brewing Co. is a very similar experience, but we enjoyed coming back to Steamworks again. It’s a great casual spot, in a historic part of town.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I went to Vancouver a few times already. EVERYTIME I end up there. The food is good, the beers are awesome, the ambiance is nice, the look of the place is amazing and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They know their beers. And I love to talk with someone who can really get to understand what i like in a beer and give me a good advice.
I ordered a lot of different beers, never regret my choices. I had the calamari on several occasions as they are SO good I can't even bear not to order them.

The prices are acceptables, you can go there easily taking public transportation, I will continue to go there every trip to Vancouver for sure.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is the best place for burgers. Very nicely done and presentation. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Ok, might be a bold claim as I’ve been mega impressed with loads of bars in Vancouver however, the staff here (especially Danny and Rachel) were absolutely epic! Suggesting beers, taking a general interest, giving some advice around the city as well as being incredibly attentive. On top of that, the best craft I’ve had in the city is here - try the Flagship IPA the food is pretty epic too! And not only that - it’s right by waterfront station so always time for a cheeky pint after a commute around the city

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This place is a must in Vancouver. If you only drink the beer, take a beer flight. The food is a cut above a diner but good quality and wholesome. Staff are friendly and will guide you through the beer and the food. Choice of inside or outside in all weathers! Heaters outside! There is no booking ahead but you rarely have to wait more than a few minutes.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Vancouver on a Saturday night fully expecting to wait a long time for food, we ventured out to Gastown for a glimpse of the city and dinner at a brew pub. We put our name on the list for a table for two with an estimated wait of 25 minutes, but our table was ready in 15! The pub is huge with multiple levels and different areas to sit including an outdoor patio. We loved our high top table tucked in the back of the downstairs pub area of the restaurant.

Hubs immediately ordered a flight of 10 beers to try. We were both intrigued by the Killer Cucumber Ale....I loved the smell ( as I cannot drink beer) and he liked the taste, indicating it was really refreshing. I enjoyed a BC Merlot....not always my favorite wine, but today tasted pretty darned good!

I enjoyed the brewhouse burger...in particular the bacon jam was amazing. Since I indicated I was GF, I was offered a lettuce wrap or just a burger that is without bun. The fries were cooked well with a bit of a crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Hubs enjoyed the Southwest Chicken Salad and the House baked pretzel (which was HUGE!) and smoked cheddar cheese.

Service was prompt and with a smile. We both left full and happy with a great experience. There is a shop next door for Steamworks gear and beer and wine to go. Definitely make this place a priority when you go to Vancouver.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Yes it was Saturday night and yes it was busy, but four meals were ordered and two came out wrong. The salmon was dry and therefore over cooked. The bill was wrong and it took three attempts to get it right. So yes it could be good but be careful.