La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #59 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Kanata, ON
“extended stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Was in Vancouver for work stay in a 1 bedroom suite and it felt like home. Right downtown close to walk for shopping, movies, dinner etc.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our Vancouver leg of our Seattle-Vancouver trip. After staying in a wonderful hotel in Seattle, we were quite disappointed in this hotel, which was more expensive. While we loved the location and the customer service, the room left a lot to be desired. There was not enough counter space in the bathroom for my toiletries, so I had to keep them in the kitchen and walk back and forth. I'm quite surprised there have not been more complaints about the bed as I can't recall a worse sleeping situation at any hotel I've ever stayed at. At the very least, a hotel of this caliber should have comfortable mattresses and linens. Our balcony did not have a table and chairs. I couldn't get the heat to warm the room. The TV's are outdated and cheap.

Valet service was great, but at $40 per day it should be. There is a fee for internet service and the wireless was USELESS in our room. We had breakfast at Fleuri -$18 for what most hotels call a "Continental Breakfast" (fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and pastries) seemed a little overpriced to me. Not sure why everyone loves this hotel...Definitely won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
vancouver, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here recently with my two young children for my daughters 8th birthday. I was expecting the hotel to be nice, but from my experience with other "fancy" hotels, was not expecting the exceptional sevice we did receive here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming from the doormen to the front desk staff to every employee we happened to come across in the hall, the elevator, wherever. All asked us how we were, how we were enjoying ourselves. Even if the room hadnt had been as fantastic as it was, the customer service puts this hotel right up at the top 5 best places Ive ever stayed. The icing on the cake, however, was when we received an unexpected knock at the door and the hotel had sent up chocolate covered strawberries and a happy birthday message for my little girl, compliments of the vice president! That really made her feel like a princess, and its the extra things like this that make a hotel fabulous. The location is great, the room was huge, clean, modern and as I said, the service was outstanding. This will now be my number one choice to stay whenever Im going to treat myself and family in Vancouver!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Wine O
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was in Vancouver last October for the Pens-Canucks game. My friend found this hotel at the last minute on hotels.com.

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Huge one bedroom suite, with a full kitchen. While the furnishings were a little older, the room was spotlessly clean.

The hotel is centrally located in town, and close to many shops, restaurants and attractions.

My only complaint, which is keeping me from giving this hotel an excellent rating, is the charge of $20 (CND) a day for wireless service in the room. Most hotels charge no fee/minimal fee for this service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is a traditional old style smart hotel. The service is fantastic, nothing was a bother and all recommendations were spot on.Our room was very comfortable and the bathroom was very well appointed. We had a fabulous view of the city which was an added bonus and one we had not requested.
The location is great for exploring Vancouver.
This is a pet friendly hotel. Naturally we didn't have pets with us as we were traveling from New Zealand , however we found this aspect quite charming.

• Stayed November 2011