“A Few Tips About Chau Veggie Express”

Chau Veggie Express
Ranked #373 of 4,062 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Our favorite place in the Granville Island Market is the kiosk of Chau Veggie Express. We just loved the Tumeric Coconut Curry soup.

A large bowl filled with light turmeric coconut curry broth with assorted seasonal vegetables. There is also tofu, bean curd, mushrooms, taro, yam, kale and herbs. You have a choice of quinoa, wild rice or rice noodle to add to the bow. For a $1.50 more I added a fried egg. Just delicious.

We came not once, but twice to Chau’s. Now when we visit any Thai or Vietnamese restaurants, we always look for this soup. It is that good. Chau is well deserving Five Stars Plus.

If you found this review helpful in any way, please press “LIKE” to let me know.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I’m from the UK but visited Vancouver over summer on a family holiday. I’d heard about how amazing Chau’s food is through Hot for Food (Lauren Toyota) so decided that I had to visit!

CHAU was amazing! The place had such a cool vibe; such a relaxing and chilled environment. And the food. OMG THE FOOD. Like sweet nectar, I kid you not. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area, or indeed anyone, like myself, not in the area.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Fabulous selection of vegetarian dishes, colourful and descriptive menu. Large servings of very fresh and flavourful food, beautifully presented. (The ginger beer is also awesome!) This is a small casual restaurant, but well worth the visit. Order at the counter and the food is brought to the table. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Hope to go back next time we are in Vancouver.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have a daughter who is vegan and this is one of her favourite restaurants. We had lunch with her the other day. There were three of us and we each ordered something different, and did a tasting. It was all great. It's a bit small and the seating is limited, so it may pay to go a little off hours like we did.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent foods, great taste, never thought it could be much more delicious than the one with meat. And also I thought I would never had a chance to eat the Vietnamese foods anymore since I becoming a vegetarian.