“Great pho”

PHO DON Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #995 of 4,094 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Our entire baseball team came here after a tournament. Mostly everyone got the pho (it was a cold and rainy day here). It was great. Everyone enjoyed their dishes. Some people also got a banh mi on the side (or to pack in their lunch for the next day). They looked great as well, and for only $5 you can't go wrong!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I only ended up here because the restaurant next door that I had intended to go to was boarded up. Liking Vietnamese food very much was the other reason.

And I was not disappointed. I sat away from other guests but the server still detected me quickly, took my order, which arrived very quickly.
#92, some kind of spicy fish. Could have been spicier for me, but then I am the type of person who says YUM when other people are drenched in sweat from eating spicy food ;-) The white wine comes in a large glass that is very generously filled. A good sign, since I hate having the feeling of being nickeled and dimed while eating.
The food is great, even though it doesn't quite have the intricacy of flavours found in Vietnam. But when considering what other restaurants do with the ingredients available here, this one does extremely well.

Both the decor and the music are targeted at a younger crowd (as are the until 2 am opening hours), but this is a definite ;Come Here Again place !

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We have been going to Pho Don since they opened. The place is big and clean. The food is really good. We have tried a lot of the items on the menu. My husband prefers to eat Pho while I rather have their subs which I love. The skewers are also really good. I also love their Vietnamese coffee :) and my son loves their smoothies. We recommend it.

1  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I had the Pho. Very tasty. Restaurant was dirty including some the dishes they served us. Seemed like management didn't care. For this reason I will not return.

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Went there twice. Pho was good but my son has tasted better. Combo plate did not offer what other places do. Was okay but takes forever to pay. First time it was 3 of us 2nd time 17 of us. Place is spacious for big groups and no issues with service other than time to pay at cashier.